• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

The entire of East Lower was filled, plus the lower tier of the corner of The Shed where away fans go on small allocations, and a group of Villa fans in East Middle. Not sure on the exact numbers but it will have been close to roughly 5000, which is excellent.

bitnr   

It was a good game, nervy though.

We didn't play well, and when we did it was in short bursts. Stoch had their right back sussed and went past him numerous times, his crossing and final ball has certainly improved from last year. Kakuta was quiet but showed some great pieces of skill and passing. He was isolated in the second half because he was played on the right wing but he switches play superbly and made the pass which Stoch set Phillips up from.

Apart from that Aston Villa looked very competent, good passing and movement and it'll be very hard for us to win the tie.

We're certainly capable but we need to play much, much better, our passing was shocking at times. I hope Mellis's one on one chance isn't something we look back on as a costly miss.

ChelC   
It was a good game, nervy though.

We didn't play well, and when we did it was in short bursts. Stoch had their right back sussed and went past him numerous times, his crossing and final ball has certainly improved from last year. Kakuta was quiet but showed some great pieces of skill and passing. He was isolated in the second half because he was played on the right wing but he switches play superbly and made the pass which Stoch set Phillips up from.

Apart from that Aston Villa looked very competent, good passing and movement and it'll be very hard for us to win the tie.

We're certainly capable but we need to play much, much better, our passing was shocking at times. I hope Mellis's one on one chance isn't something we look back on as a costly miss.

disagree with you in some parts there mate, I agree that we played very well only in short bursts, but I think our passing was hampered by the tactics of Aston Villa (ochestrated by Martin O neill himself). They man marked us and they closed us down quickly. they were very diligent and although we had the best individual players, their tenacity and the way they got physical made it difficult for us.

There is no away goals rule so when we go to villa park, they will have to attack us and as long as we can use the speed of stoch and trickery of kakuta on the counter attack we can score. I have faith in bruma's ability to cope with Delwhathisface, its van aanholt's lightweightness that is of worry to me.

Criminal   

Great turnout and match tonight

Was even a bit of a scuffle in shed lower with a few villa fans.. was pretty funny handbags stuff

All in all a good night and we should have been taking a 2-1 lead up to brum!

Well done the lads

bitnr   
disagree with you in some parts there mate, I agree that we played very well only in short bursts, but I think our passing was hampered by the tactics of Aston Villa (ochestrated by Martin O neill himself). They man marked us and they closed us down quickly. they were very diligent and although we had the best individual players, their tenacity and the way they got physical made it difficult for us.

There is no away goals rule so when we go to villa park, they will have to attack us and as long as we can use the speed of stoch and trickery of kakuta on the counter attack we can score. I have faith in bruma's ability to cope with Delwhathisface, its van aanholt's lightweightness that is of worry to me.

Yes, something I missed out on, they played a very good high pressing game. They'd obviously done their homework on our most dangerous players.

I agree our players are generally of a higher calibre. You're worried about Van Aanholt I'm worried about Gordon, I thought he got caught up too many times, must have been an off night because I've usually never noticed many errors from him.

I'd love to see Kakuta back in the number 10 role for the away game, I think it's the ideal position for him to cause the most damage.

KeithB   
Great turnout and match tonight

Was even a bit of a scuffle in shed lower with a few villa fans.. was pretty funny handbags stuff

All in all a good night and we should have been taking a 2-1 lead up to brum!

Well done the lads

I missed that as I had to leave at half-time. What was the final score? Typical Cheslea organisation to muck it all up by using the East Lower rather than West. Some poor sods were still trying to find a seat until just before half time when they opened up the Shed Lower corner.