• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Clasher   

Cheers mate,

Good to see Di Santo performing so well, wonder if he'll get any first team football this season or maybe next time who-knows-when..

hanuma   
wonder if he'll get any first team football this season or maybe next time who-knows-when..

I'd make him our 3rd choice striker now. I think he'll make the first team by the start of next season.

Dazz   

Nice write up ChelC. I think you should have brought to light Di Santo's attempted cross where he did a David Dunn though.

Ferreira should have had a goal in the first half I don't see how he blasted it over. I think you're a little harsh on Searle given the state of the pitch and just how many times we played the ball back to him, the first 15 minutes especially were a joke we just kept rolling it back to him.

Smith was solid when they threatened, I didn't realise they've converted him from a striker to a defender but he looked good there.

I liked Cummings movement down the line, he's not afraid to push up and I'm not sure what his cross is like but he could be a good attacking full back.

Personally I thought our set piece delivery could have ben better, especially in the first half they seemed to be massively overhit, even the corners we got on the end of drifted too high I thought, need to aim more for the penalty area.

Definitely would have wagered it being 0-0 after an hour, a fairly poor game and it was hard to see either side scoring.

ChelC   

Just uploaded the highlights from the saturday Chelsea youth vs watford youth game here

Dazz, I can't remember the david dunn momement you are talking about in regards to Di Santo.

Trailblazer, Philliskirk has being playing mostly in the Attacking midfielder role, I think he played as a support striker for oldham. He was very impressive tonite and I think he looks more like a AMC/ support striker than an out and out striker. I think he is just settling down into the youth team. The quality of mellis and Kakuta must be the only reason why he can't get into the youth team permanently.

Dazz   
Just uploaded the highlights from the saturday Chelsea youth vs watford youth game here

Dazz, I can't remember the david dunn momement you are talking about in regards to Di Santo.

Trailblazer, Philliskirk has being playing mostly in the Attacking midfielder role, I think he played as a support striker for oldham. He was very impressive tonite and I think he looks more like a AMC/ support striker than an out and out striker. I think he is just settling down into the youth team. The quality of mellis and Kakuta must be the only reason why he can't get into the youth team permanently.

When he tried the old one leg crossing over the other to kick the ball and ended up on his arse. Which is what Di Santo did from that cross except we also lost the throw and personally I don't think there was any need for him to try it, other then he was feeling flash.

This clip

cole   

very poor highlights I have to say, really poor.Derby had many more chances and was the better team in the 2nd half. In the first half as well there were couple of good moments for the Rams. For example the through ball which was just ruled offside (incorrectly).

This is just like Chelsea TV commentators: always talking about chelsea's perfect performance even when the opposite team is playing better. No offence but it's just pathetic.

ChelC   
When he tried the old one leg crossing over the other to kick the ball and ended up on his arse. Which is what Di Santo did from that cross except we also lost the throw and personally I don't think there was any need for him to try it, other then he was feeling flash.

This clip

LOL @ David Dunn, tbh I didn't see it happen to Di Santo, When was this? 1st half 2nd half? But even if he did I think the guy is entitled to try anything he wants to occasionally. His work rate is unbelievable and I can remember many occasions when he chased lost causes and we ended up getting something from it.

ANoher thing is that in 4 games now, he has scored 2 and provided 2 assists. In all those 4 games, I have not seen him have a decent chance created for him. His 1st goal was out of nothing and lucky, his second goal was out of nothing too, he didn't have a right to the ball but he chased it down and blasted a shot in from his weaker foot.

Dazz   

Second half around the 55th minute I think.

Twice in the first half he won a corner or free kick from balls he had no right to get, that one for the free kick was incredible how the Derby player trotted back to see it off and Di Santo sprinted and forced him to make a foul, although personally I think a foul was a little harsh!

I haven't seen any of the other games he's played in, I'm at uni most of the time so barely get to watch the matches as I've no Chelsea TV, but am at home right now so finally got to watch one, first reserve match I've watched all season.