• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Jim   

Agree with you Richard about the centre backs, I was impressed with both Mancienne and Worley, both look very good on the ball and like to bring it out which is a good sign, but for me the left back Bertrand was the stand out player, quick, strong, reads the game well, gets forward and can put in a good cross. Sinclair looks dangerous in so much as when given a chance he strikes it very cleanly, reminds me of Stein, think that Tottenham penalty a few years back, thats how he hits a ball, but he seemed a bit sluggish last night.

They did make hard work of winning though, should have wrapped it up in normal time by a couple of goals, was suprised to see Norwich treat us like other Premiership teams treat our first team, they sat back, waited and only when they went behind did they come out to play, oh well at least the Youth players will be prepared if they ever make the grade.

Wish I could see them in action myself. Through the Football Icon show I got to see some clips of our youth but besides that I don't get many chances.

Sounds like they did well though. Good for them!

Hey guys, I heard from the local news yesterday that 2 of our youth that represents Phillipines for the SEA Games were caught in relation with match fixture/bribery/trowing away games. Unfortunately I dont have the web link to it. Yeah I know that folks overthere at that country deals with bribery like normal things, and the government is corrupt too. But do we want the youth of Chelsea to be associated with it? Later if they have the opportunity to play for the first team, would they be the liability?

quote:Originally posted by weepingdevil

Hey guys, I heard from the local news yesterday that 2 of our youth that represents Phillipines for the SEA Games were caught in relation with match fixture/bribery/trowing away games. Unfortunately I dont have the web link to it. Yeah I know that folks overthere at that country deals with bribery like normal things, and the government is corrupt too. But do we want the youth of Chelsea to be associated with it? Later if they have the opportunity to play for the first team, would they be the liability?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Are you referring to James and Phil Younghusband?

hanuma   

Very impressive performance from Michael Mancienne in this match. He looked so composed.

Him and Scott Sinclair both look like super prospects.

timk   

The U18's went down to single goal against Southampton in top of the table clash at Cobham yesterday, Saints now maintain 6 point lead in youth team table. CFC U16's won 1-0.

Link to Saints website with match report, nothing on CFC yet.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/article.asp?arti...cademy+round+up

Must be something in the water down there, they are quoting £7m for Theo Walcott at 16! or else it's Clive's motivational speeches...