• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

Isn't Walcott going to Arsenal?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Judging by the papers, everyone is in for him. Leyton Orient and Torquay are set to start the bidding war at 20 pence.

Jim   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

Isn't Walcott going to Arsenal?

id="quote">

id="quote">

No chance, he's got a UK passport.

wacko   
quote:Originally posted by Grahame Fendle
quote:Originally posted by timk

they are quoting £7m for Theo Walcott at 16!

id="quote">

id="quote">Everyone seems to be falling for this one.

The fee for Walcott will be decided by an FA tribunal.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Exactly, provided he leaves in this transfer window. Come March, he'll be old enough to sign a professional contract. Still, he's said himself he doesn't want to leave before the summer. If that happens, I can see a few things happening, depending on how much Chelsea bid and how smart the lad is. He'll either a) sign for Chelsea because they bid a silly amount and Southampton want to sell to you; B) he'll choose Chelsea himself; or c) he'll see how many games SWP has played and go to another club where he has a good chance of playing regularly.

Actually, I don't think he fits Chelsea's system at all--a tall, strong, lone striker who wins balls and brings others into play he is not. I can't see JM changing the system, so I assume Chelsea's bid is based on stopping other clubs from signing him.

quote:Originally posted by dooder12

Grant,

Can you possibly post some of the highlights on this site?

That would be much appreciated

id="quote">

id="quote">

I get the highlights from Chelsea TV online, but I can not put them up for you guys as a license is required and they will not work.

OzzyCFC   
quote:Originally posted by grantdesmidt11
quote:Originally posted by dooder12

Grant,

Can you possibly post some of the highlights on this site?

That would be much appreciated

id="quote">

id="quote">

I get the highlights from Chelsea TV online, but I can not put them up for you guys as a license is required and they will not work.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Damn Sky. I tried to burn the Zola interviews I downloaded to disk and got the license error as well.

OzzyCFC   
quote:Originally posted by wacko
quote:Originally posted by Grahame Fendle
quote:Originally posted by timk

they are quoting £7m for Theo Walcott at 16!

id="quote">

id="quote">Everyone seems to be falling for this one.

The fee for Walcott will be decided by an FA tribunal.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Exactly, provided he leaves in this transfer window. Come March, he'll be old enough to sign a professional contract. Still, he's said himself he doesn't want to leave before the summer. If that happens, I can see a few things happening, depending on how much Chelsea bid and how smart the lad is. He'll either a) sign for Chelsea because they bid a silly amount and Southampton want to sell to you; B) he'll choose Chelsea himself; or c) he'll see how many games SWP has played and go to another club where he has a good chance of playing regularly.

Actually, I don't think he fits Chelsea's system at all--a tall, strong, lone striker who wins balls and brings others into play he is not. I can't see JM changing the system, so I assume Chelsea's bid is based on stopping other clubs from signing him.

id="quote">

id="quote">

or d) He sees the opppurtunity moving to Chelsea would offer him with guaranteed Champions League football, the world class facilities, the ability to play and train with some of the best players in the world, and to be managed by the best manager in the world and the possibility in the short term of returning to Southampton on loan to continue his progression and jumps at the chance.

Based on your assesment of Chelsea's system I assume he wouldn't suit Liverpool's system either where his first team oppurtunities in the short term would be identical to that of Chelsea. Assessing how he would fit into any system is a bit premature considering his age and the fact that no matter where he goes he wouldn't end up first choice in the short term anyway.

I don't think Chelsea's bid is completely to stop other teams from signing him the club does plan to be the best club in world football for some years and as Kenyon has said before aquiring the best young talent around is part of that plan you only have to look at the hiring of Arnesen to see how active the club are in that department.

I ask you though if Chelseas motivation is to stop other clubs from signing him then how do you assess Liverpool or Arsenals interest? Aren't they merely doing the same thing?

"Chelsea Academy product Michael Mancienne has signed his first professional contract with the club. Mancienne, who turned 18 on Sunday, is now committed to Chelsea until the end of the 2007/8 season."

More on TOCFCWS

"Chelsea Academy manager Neil Bath and youth team coach Brendan Rodgers (pictured) are ‘Live From Stamford Bridge’ on Chelsea TV at 7pm tonight to discuss Chelsea’s youth policy with you, the fans."

More on TOCFCWS

"Chelsea Football Club has now scored over 100 goals this season. Eidur Gudjohnsen is set to make his 250th Chelsea appearance at Sunderland on Sunday. Carlton Cole’s header against Huddersfield was Chelsea’s 100th goal this season. We now have 101. Those are made up by 58 in the first team, 20 in the reserves and 23 in the youth team. The Chelsea Golden Boot records goals scored at all three levels."

More on TOCFCWS

"Mirroring the Premiership table itself, Chelsea have led the Barclays Premiership Fair Play League and the Behaviour of the Public Fair Play League from the very start of the season. The most recently published tables see us still out in front."

"Good behaviour by Chelsea players, supporters and the positive nature of our play have all been registered by the Premier League’s marking system. Each league match is scored by a delegate and in the Fair Play table up to the end of December, Chelsea sit top above Wigan, Sunderland and Man United. Blackburn are currently bottom."

More on TOCFCWS

Just thought I should emphasise some of the points about the fair play league;

*Red and yellow cards count against a team’s score while points are awarded for respect towards opponents, respect towards the referee, behaviour of club officials and positive play.

*Positive play rewards attacking rather than defensive tactics, speeding up the game, bringing the ball back into play quickly even when in a winning position and continuing to push for goals when winning.

*Aspects counting against the score include slowing down the game, time wasting, tactics based on foul play and play acting (simulation).

*In the separate public league table, Chelsea have the best behaved supporters so far, followed by our neighbours Fulham and West Ham. Portsmouth this time bring up the rear.

*In this ranking, points are awarded for verbal support in acceptable form and recognition of outstanding play by the opponents.

*Points are deducted for persistent foul and abusive language, persistent abuse of the officials’ decisions and aggressive and threatening conduct towards opposing fans.

And there was me thinking we were a cheating, dirty, boring team with no respect for officials or opponents and that our fans are the most reprehensible in the country.....

... or so the press would have you believe.