• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   
JUni I am being a bit puzzled by the fact that PC preffers to play Van Aanholt as a CB leaving Jack saville out even when Ben Gordon has not been playing to his best. Dont PC rate saville or something? I would think the back line of nana bruma saville van aanholt would be more solid.

Saville's a first year and Patrick's a second year, and won't be eligible for this comp next year, and is a better player at this point in time. Interestingly, despite playing left back all season for the reserves, his preferred and natural position is centre back.

Sam Hurrell never got a deal, had trials at Bradford and Leyton Orient, I think he was looking abroad last time I checked, USA/Aus/NZ.

ChelC   
I'm glad to hear you say this about Kakuta because it's the area of his game that had me most concerned. Actually not so much his passing but definitely his vision. Before I explain let me say that I'm basing this opinion on the YCF First Leg game, and on that game only, so obviously the opinion has very limited validity.

I liked what I saw from Gael generally but around the box he seemed to have caught the Chelsea disease of going for the shot/dribble too often rather than getting his head up and spotting the pass when that is the better option. This trait has been bugging me about the first team for years and, in my opinion at any rate, is a major contributor to the fact that we fail to create enough chances of the right quality to kill sides off.

To be fair to GK, in that Stamford Bridge game, his team mates didn't always make runs into the danger zone for him to spot but, nevertheless, I had the impression that he could do with getting his head up more often. I don't even mind if his execution isn't always great; just the fact that he looks for, and spots, the passsing opportunity would be hugely encouraging. So, talking specifically about the last third, was his vision good enough last night hanuma?

I actually think that creativity and vision are kakuta's best assest, amongst the many abilities that he possess. I can tell you that he has got vision. if there is a visible pass on for him and feels he can't score, I am sure he tries to make the pass. I can remember a game where he was threading passes through but the players were not on his wavelength.

yeh from what I've seen of kakuta he looks at his best when spreading the play rather than trying all his tricks, he puts some brilliant through balls behind the defence. He needs a bit more composure when he's running in open space because he does tend to lose track of the ball like Wright-Phillips.

I watched some highlights of the, I think, under-17's world cup the other day and Fran Merida from Arsenal is absolutely identical in style of play to Tejera. Seriously if I hadn't known what Tejera looked like I would have though it was him.

hanuma   
I'm convinced van Aanholt will have a top pro career, plays two positions very well and dealt superbly with Sturridge for most of the first tie and took charge in defence last night as the senior experienced defender and stood up when it counted.
He's a talent, but I'm not as certain as you. He did get caught out badly once in the first half, but he had so little protection in front of him against good, quick attackers that I can only commend him for his recovery ability, same for the rest of the back 4.

BJunky: Last night in the first half Kakuta had a through ball to Nielsen that was right out of the top draw. He had more than his fair share of shots on goal cutting inside, but nobody saw this pass, not even Nielsen was expecting it, he thought he was dragging defenders out of the way for Gael to shoot.

BJunky: Last night in the first half Kakuta had a through ball to Nielsen that was right out of the top draw. He had more than his fair share of shots on goal cutting inside, but nobody saw this pass, not even Nielsen was expecting it, he thought he was dragging defenders out of the way for Gael to shoot.

OK, thank you and excellent news. Now we can only cross our fingers and wait for this talent to blossom.

dooder12   

I wonder why Nouble isn't tried in a more Central Role, surely he has a similar technical level as Nielsen coupled with more athletic ability.

Oh well, one more home game this season on Saturday, will be interesting to see what sort of team is put out and whether it's the last in blue for anyone. I don't think it will be, last year Bird, Hamann, Saarelma and someone else were released but there's nobody at Under 18 level I can really think are likely to be off, not yet anyway.

I think James Russel was the other one that was released last summer. There probably won't be any Under-18s leaving but you'd think that quite a few older players will go.

Smith and Mancienne will either make the first team squad or it's got to be time to say goodbye.

Worley's already gone and so should be Grant, Pettigrew, Simmonds, Cummings and Younghusband.

Does Magnay have a contract until 2009? He along with Bridcutt and the two Portuguese guys are going to need to have big seasons next year.

It's a big shame to hear about Hutchinson and Sawyer. England U19s will miss them though hopefully Cork, Bertrand and Sinclair can take their Championship form into the European Under-19 Championships this summer and show us that they have a future in the first team.

db12d1   

Magany impressed a lot according to people here this year at reserves and he probably will go to loan.

rwhite   
Tejera has impressed me with his progression too. He seems to be able to take games by the scruff of the neck now, which he didn't do before.

Other than that, impressed with Bruma, coming in as a young player and making the reserve team within a year, given his age.

I have to agree with you on Bruma. He is a very composed for his age and already a prescence on the pitch.

And again I agree with you on the progression of Tejera. Not only skill but a hard worker. He was all over the place and has great vision.

Kakuta is only 16, same as Bruma. Our most exciting player but still a bit raw. Definetly one for the future.

Rhys Taylor looked OK between the post and having already represented Wales at U21 maybe one for the future. Probably still too early to say.

Stoch has potential but I have noticed in the reserve games sometimes his head seems to drop and he can go out of the game for long periods. His compatriot, Weise, was it, on the Man City team looked a good player.

Di Santo, the new Argentinian looks good and I think should be in the first team next year. As should Sinclair. Everytime he has played for the first team he has done well, if not scoring at least setting up goals.

Juni   

Magnay does have a contract through next season, he signed a two year professional deal last summer. He's done well this year but yeah, needs a loan now.