• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

quote:Originally posted by grantdesmidt11

I get the highlights from Chelsea TV online, but I can not put them up for you guys as a license is required and they will not work.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Not only that, but if you kept it on file for three months and then wanted to look at it again, even you wouldn't be able to. I think the lifetime of the DRM license is just three months.

I've got loads of video here and I'd have to re-download them to view thwm again. If they've expired from CTVO I can't ever get them back.

CTVO's use of DRM is a con. B^(

quote:Originally posted by Harry Sideras

I get the highlights from Chelsea TV online, but I can not put them up for you guys as a license is required and they will not work.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Not only that, but if you kept it on file for three months and then wanted to look at it again, even you wouldn't be able to. I think the lifetime of the DRM license is just three months.

I've got loads of video here and I'd have to re-download them to view thwm again. If they've expired from CTVO I can't ever get them back.

CTVO's use of DRM is a con. B^(

id="quote">

id="quote">

I think this matter needs to be addressed by the club. We pay £30 odd for the service, but get problems all the time. I downloaded Mourinho's early interviews, and I have never gotten them to work with all the license problems. Big Blue won't work either from there, so have to go to SmoothFM website to listen, and no assistance CTVO have provided has helped me. It's really pretty shocking. Damn Sky!

Codger   

> I think the lifetime of the DRM license is just three months

90 days, yes. I don't have a problem with DRM, but in this case they've got it badly wrong. It would be trivial for them to ensure that your license is valid for as long as you are a subscriber.

I've yet to see any changes on CTV Online, and I'm not holding my breath, but if there are changes, this would be singularly the best they can make.

I think this matter needs to be addressed by the club. We pay £30 odd for the service, but get problems all the time.

id="quote">

id="quote">

To take up with Sky, yes. Sky's policy is their business but it shouldn't be imposed on what they provide for CFC. I don't have that much of a problem with it being restricted to just one subscriber, but to deny the subscriber himself, on the very machine he downloaded the material, being able to re-view what he's bought - I think it's ridiculous.

It seems to me that digital rights is just a way of getting you to pay over and over again for he same thing. All digital restrictions are the same. Sony are getting hammered. Spielberg is being excluded from being considered for an award because a DVD of his film prevents the reviewer from watching it due to over-zealous DRM requirements. Good.

Codger   

Youth team look for cup progress with professional preparation

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006

"Chelsea’s youth team are in action tonight in the prestigious FA Youth Cup, looking to make the fifth round for the first time since 1997/98. The opposition are Brighton in a game that can be seen live on Chelsea TV."

Read the full article.

It'll beat watching Dirty Leeds v Wigan.

We're in with a good shout.

We're losing 2-1 at half time. Scott Sinclair scored for us to equalise. Brighton got the second from a goal mouth scramble after a corner. Scott Sinclair is showing great form and has had a couple of shots saved from the Brighton 'keeper.

Hopefully we can get the second and beat them.

There's about 4000 at Brighton.

gedball   

I know it's still very early days in his career, but Sinclair has an air of Henry about him. The way he hugs the left touchline then explodes inside with pace. Great prospect for the future.