• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Some encouraging words from Scolari and Arnesen about Di Santo:

Scolari hails Chelsea's young general Franco and says rising star shows future is bright

Edited by AaronT12CFC

Juni   

Will actually be going to the QPR game tomorrow, expect news/report in the afternoon.

dooder12   
I've always wondered why SWP and Malouda never switched sides and played on the opposite flanks. SWP on the left cutting inside, and likewise Malouda on the right, gives an opportunity for both of them to play closer to the striker and advancing midfielder. And it even allows the FBs the chance to put in the crosses.

I have wonder this as well. I think the switching of flanks, forced SWP and Malouda to play inside and towards the winger. They certainly don't need to stay out wide when we have the width provided by the attacking fullbacks.

Then again, I'm not sure either has the ball control or composure or relative two-footedness to play on the opposite flanks (unlike Joe Cole or Kalou). Showing the ball inside will bring them into contact with the opposition midfielders and if they are forced wide there crossing worse I feel.

hanuma   
Hanuma, you can add to that list his off the ball movement.
Yup, that too, surprisingly well developed for someone slumming it in Chile. And I think it probably is that movement and that understanding that sets him apart from the other tall, fast, precocious young striker we

had in the reserves a while back; Carlton Cole. Great natural talent, a much bigger physique than Franco too, but poor awareness.

OTCFC   

I will be most likely also attending. 16 year old driving a battered moped. Hope to take a few good photos and watch a good game.

Juni, I've heard about the following a lot, yet know little about them. I've read the profiles on your blog, but which are the cream of the crop and which have a lot more work to do? Any of them stand out to you?

Jack Saville

Nikki Ahmed

Tom Hayden

Jordan Tabor

Jordan Hibbert

Billy-Joe King

Juni   

Of those, Saville's the best, he developed really well last season, has the height and leadership of a centre-back, nice football skills, needs to make better decisions and maybe be a bit stronger.

Then I'd go Hibbert, he's a no-frills centre mid with amazing enthusiasm, an absolute leader, might captain the team this seasn (Taiwo, Ofori and Magnay step up from u18s permanently). Then I'd order them Ahmed, Tabor, King and Hayden, although the last two are close. Never really seen much in King, Hayden's useful though.

Keyrun   
I was hoping Kakuta would be playing with the first team? in china? why is he not ? I thought him and di santo are by far our best prospects.

Kakuta's only just turned 17 (I think?). Besides, I think the fact that we have a new manager doesn't help, Scolari wants to figure out his main personnel first, then bring in the youngsters, although I'm sure he has a good idea of who to bring in.