• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

64blue   

Congratulations to them. They are becoming a very good side who must be our best youth team for a long time. It's looking good for the future.

I agree that we should look to give one or two youngsters their debuts in the run-in, if we can sow up the league nice and early. I think Jimmy Smith and Michael Mancienne are the most likely to get their chance. They are often the chosen pair to train with the first team. Ryan Bertrand and Scott Sinclair are the two other big talents from what I've seen. The Aston Villa coach is saying that he currently has the best youth team since he joined, and we beat them 3-0 away from home. I really hope the investment put into Cobham will pay dividends with a couple more John Terry's being produced.

Juni   

Bertrand in theory has the best chance of breaking through because he's a left back and it remains a problem position, but you see, he's still a first year scholar, he's barely 17 if at all, and would be exposed at Premiership level.

Mancienne's progress depends a lot on the future of Huth and Billy. If either or both leaves then he has the chance to step up his game and prove he can hang with the big guys. JT's gonna have a lot to do with it if he does.

Smith is an interesting one, he fits into the wide roles quite nicely and could be one that does things without necessarily blowing the world away.

Sinclair's been done in depth in another forum.

quote:Originally posted by grantdesmidt11

I agree that we should look to give one or two youngsters their debuts in the run-in, if we can sow up the league nice and early.

id="quote">

id="quote">Jeez. How can you say this after the Fulham shambles?

We should never have got 3 points the previous week either.

If we can be beaten by rubbish like Fulham and Boro, we can lose to anyone. There is a deepseated malaise infecting the whole squad at the moment. I've no idea what the reason is, but I would suggest that there are undercurrents of which we are not aware.

Unless Jose sorts it out - and fast, there is a damned good chance of Manc catching us. Never mind sowing up the league early, we'll be lucky to sow it up at all.

As for sticking green kids in, they're several years away from Prem atandard.

quote:Originally posted by Bazzablue

I agree that we should look to give one or two youngsters their debuts in the run-in, if we can sow up the league nice and early.

id="quote">

If we can be beaten by rubbish like Fulham and Boro, we can lose to anyone. There is a deepseated malaise infecting the whole squad at the moment. I've no idea what the reason is, but I would suggest that there are undercurrents of which we are not aware.

Unless Jose sorts it out - and fast, there is a damned good chance of Manc catching us. Never mind sowing up the league early, we'll be lucky to sow it up at all.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes, I agree we are looking poor, but I am talking about a few minutes as a sub the way Nuno Morais and Anthony Grant got last season. Not a start. It would make more sense than using Maniche, especially as he is unlikely to get his move made permanent with Ballack's arrival very likely.

quote:Originally posted by Bazzablue

id="quote">

id="quote">

id="quote">

Have to agree with you on this one Bazza. WE can easily slip up and lose the title. Our recent performances hasn't been that good and is indeed quite worrysome...

winter10   

Could someone please explain why we played Aston Villa youths when we are not in their group on the website? Do we play every youth team? According to the latest fixtures we are playing Birmingham youths next, who again aren't in our group. Confused!

> I agree that we should look to give one or two youngsters their debuts in the run-in

Isn't the reserve team sitting in between the youth team and the first team? Smith played and scored for them tonight, for what it's worth.

I'm struggling to hold back on commenting on your suggestion, but you really ought to think about the word "development" a little - that's the best way I can put it.

I have no complaints of giving a couple of youngsters a try out in the Premiership IF we have any spare games this season IF we clinch the title. But while we are still vying for the title, we cannot think about the youth players as like Harry says, they are far too raw for the big step up.