• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Olusisi   

Chelsea reserves just lost one nil to the Manchester united reserves, the Chelsea team didn’t play well, we were very poor in the first half and gradually improved in the second half with Tejera putting his foot on the ball and controlling the flow of the game but soon as he was substituted, we lost momentum and started looking poor again especially going forward.

The only part of our team that look good was the defence, with the only time they made a mistake, Man U scored and Cork was amazing and possibly the best player on the pitch, He defender well and was very composed on the ball.

Finished 1-0. It was a tight game especially in the first half but in the second half I thought we were the better side. Jack Cork was the most impressive amongst the Chelsea Reserves. He was good in the air, read the game well and passed the ball quiet nicely. He is quiet comfortable with the ball and it shows in the way he brought the ball out of defence a couple of times. I think we would have done better had he played in the middle. Magnay though being a central defender actually did a decent job at right back and I didn't expected him to look so comfortable going forward. Bruma didn't looked out of place in that reserve side. He looks so calm and composed at the back which is remarkable at his age.

Mellis was the best among out forward players today. He showed good touch and vision and had a bit of directness in his play. He also made Foster work on a couple of occasions. Kakuta was too wasteful for me and at times it seemed that he was trying too hard. Ferreira and Fernandes did nothing of note. Hibbert was at fault for the goal as he was the one tracking back Drinkwater.

db12d1   
Chelsea reserves just lost one nil to the Manchester united reserves, the Chelsea team didn’t play well, we were very poor in the first half and gradually improved in the second half with Tejera putting his foot on the ball and controlling the flow of the game but soon as he was substituted, we lost momentum and started looking poor again especially going forward.

The only part of our team that look good was the defence, with the only time they made a mistake, Man U scored and Cork was amazing and possibly the best player on the pitch, He defender well and was very composed on the ball.

What you talking about?

We're excellent in the second half, Foster was immense at their goal.

I really impressed with Magnay, I think he was excellent at RB with lot of energy when going forward and excellent defensively. Bruma showed lot of talent despite some mistakes including the one that led to the goal, he still only 16 and for defender it amazing that he in that level. Mellis was also good with lot of pace, acceleration and energy. Kakuta was quite good in the second half. Cork no doubt is amazing player, I agree that he was the best man on the pitch.

What you talking about?

We're excellent in the second half, Foster was immense at their goal.

I really impressed with Magnay, I think he was excellent at RB with lot of energy when going forward and excellent defensively. Bruma showed lot of talent despite some mistakes including the one that led to the goal, he still only 16 and for defender it amazing that he in that level. Mellis was also good with lot of pace, acceleration and energy. Kakuta was quite good in the second half. Cork no doubt is amazing player, I agree that he was the best man on the pitch.

I remember seeing cork last seasons pre season and he did really well, unfortunately hutchinson was not good at all,

kakuta stoch and cork could end up good chelsea players I feel.

Cork no doubt is amazing player, I agree that he was the best man on the pitch.

I get the feeling that the club may be waiting for the chance to send Cork and Mancienne on loan to Premiership teams before the transfer deadline, or perhaps they'll even stay in and around the first team squad. Though I think that with 26 first team players that might be unlikely. Those two are ready to play at this level and need someone to take a chance. Hopefully someone will realise they have a glaring need for a centreback and a central midfielder and these two will the experience and exposure that they need to move up a level.

It's a shame that nothing has turned up yet for Magnay, Woods, Bridcutt etc.

I do wish some of our youth/reserve players went out on loan to Premiership sides. I guess we have Sahar this season at Pompey. Would be nice to see some others though as you say. I think Stoke could use some better defenders...

I get the feeling that the club may be waiting for the chance to send Cork and Mancienne on loan to Premiership teams before the transfer deadline, or perhaps they'll even stay in and around the first team squad. Though I think that with 26 first team players that might be unlikely. Those two are ready to play at this level and need someone to take a chance. Hopefully someone will realise they have a glaring need for a centreback and a central midfielder and these two will the experience and exposure that they need to move up a level.

It's a shame that nothing has turned up yet for Magnay, Woods, Bridcutt etc.

I would rule out the second option for the moment. The loan spell looks more plausible of the two. I think a lot of clubs are keeping a tab on the situation of Cork and Mancienne but are also looking at players who they can sign permanently. There are still about ten days left before the transfer window closes so I would assume that most of the loan deals would be finalized in and around that period. Possibly when the clubs would see that they have no chances of bringing in a player on a permanent deal they would come back to us.

Speaking about Cork and Mancienne, I believe that they will eventually play in the Premier League. It's all a question of when. Cork has been linked with all and sundry this summer but not with any of the Premier League clubs. Aberdeen were interested in him but I think Calderwood spoke a few weeks back that chances of getting him were remote. The Celtic link I think was just thrown into the mix and was just a silly season rumour. Owls were interested in him I think way way back but I don't know whether they are still interested. Mancienne I believe would improve tremendously playing with an experienced centerback who can talk through things someone like John Terry. I was watching the game today and even though he made a few mistakes especially the one which led to the first goal but I would put that down to naivety and lack of organization at the back.

Haven't heard anything about the rest of the lads I.e Magnay, Woods and Bridcutt. Adkins has already ruled out the option of bringing Woods(?) to Glanford Park as there was issue of eligibility in UEFA's list and Chelsea were reluctant to let him go. Magnay talked about going to Scotland or League 1 but so far nothing has been reported. Swansea boss Martinez is still keeping a tab on Scott Sinclair by the way but I don't think Scolari would let him go before December. Juni mentioned about Stoch's move to Reading and today Coppell talked about bringing in a left sided player so there is a good chance but obviously there are a few other names in the mix as well.

Edited by Trailblazer

ChelC   

according to the Official website, A bunch of youngsters trained and played with the rest of the first team that were not away on international duties. Kakuta, Tejera, Neilsen, Cork and Bruma were involved.

Bruma partnered Alex in the defence of one of the teams, while Kakuta was a member of the team that had more first team players in it I think. the clip also mentioned Scolari having a long talk with Kakuta.

Hutchinson and nana ofori are also back in light training with Scott Sinclair who wasnt involved in the practice match.