• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

quote:Originally posted by lzheyi

Great news isn't it?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Depends. We always had young internationals but most of them never turned out to be what they are promised to be.

quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary
quote:Originally posted by lzheyi

Great news isn't it?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Depends. We always had young internationals but most of them never turned out to be what they are promised to be.

id="quote">

id="quote">

True. Seb Kneissl, Leon Knight etc. etc. all looked like they would be the next big thing. Although, the current youth players have a fantastic training ground, and a manager who wants to have home grown players making the grade in years to come.

dooder12   

England lost 2-1 to Russia ending all hopes of reaching the last five of the U-17 European Championships. Sinclair, Cork, and Bertrand all played.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U17s/NewsAndF...ussiaReport.htm

Here is a nice article and video interview from Chelsea and England U-17 left-back Ryan Bertrand.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U17s/NewsAndF...4/U17s_Ryan.htm

frad   

Great news.

Considering they're playing for England and Portugal at least one of them should make it.

Filipinos out to keep Chelsea place

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?fil...0150&sec=sports

LONDON: Two Philippines brothers skipped the inaugural Asian Football Confederation Challenge Cup in Bangladesh this month because they were worried about losing their reserve team places at English champions Chelsea.

“If there was a chance I might lose my reserve team place, I wasn't going to risk it,†said 18-year-old striker Philip Younghusband.

Midfielder James Younghusband, 19, added: “Last time, me and my brother played for the Philippines we weren't really in the (Chelsea reserve) team much – we found it hard to get back into it.â€Â

The pair, born in Ashford near London to a Philippine mother and English father were scouted by Chelsea at the age of 10 and their talent has propelled them through the ranks.

They said their mother had also been concerned about her sons travelling to Bangladesh because of security and health worries.

In the brothers' absence from the April 1-16 international tournament, the Philippines, ranked 191st in the FIFA world list, were knocked out of the tournament after drawing two matches and losing one.

Philippine officials said the duo might have made all the difference.

“Maybe if the forward from Chelsea, the younger Younghusband was there, probably he could have scored and helped the team,†said Jose Marcelina Carpio, Deputy Acting General Secretary for the Philippine Football Federation yesterday.

“Their level of football is different than other players in terms of maturity.â€Â

As reserve team players for a Premier League side, the Younghusbands are not well known in England but in the Philippines they said they were treated like celebrities.

“We're shocked by the fans' reaction to us – they just go mental for us,†said James about their trip to the country last year.

The brothers feel playing in qualifiers next November for the Tiger Cup, renamed the ASEAN Football Championships, should not jeopardise their Chelsea commitments but might satisfy Philippine fans.

“Don't think we've ignored the Philippines because we haven't gone to this tournament,†Philip said. “There were concerns and we didn't want to risk it but we'll be playing soon hopefully.†– Reuters

Hopefully, they could play for the Philippines again. They really made a huge difference when they played for the SEA Games. All eyes were on them, and for the first time, I think the Philippines embraced football. Filipinos supported the team whole- heartedly. Everytime there was a match with the Philippine team in it, the stadium would be filled, but when the team would not be in the match, there were lots of vacant seats. It's completely their choice. If I were in their place, I would choose Chelsea too. I mean, they could still bring honor to the country if they make it big.

I wonder if there would be more foreign recruits with their likes... It would be a big help.

quote:Originally posted by Kristina

I haven't seen them playing yet, but I'm quite impressed with their surname.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I always thought that half-philipine families were all about young wife, old husband, so the surname certainly makes a change.

quote:Originally posted by Droy was my hero
quote:Originally posted by Kristina

I haven't seen them playing yet, but I'm quite impressed with their surname.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I always thought that half-philipine families were all about young wife, old husband, so the surname certainly makes a change.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Where did you get the idea?