• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

dooder12   

TFTOCFCWS.

Chelsea Youth Team

The Chelsea youth team defeated Bristol City 2-0 to go top of their U18 group. Southampton have four games in hand, however, and are expected to clinch first place. It's great to see the youth team doing so well. It seems we have lots of 17 year olds with great potential, exciting times for Chelsea.

hanuma   

Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira (the two ex Sporting kids) are very highly rated within Portugal, both providing match winning performances for their country.

GOM   

Greetings from California...

Since I am quite a distance from Stamford Bridge, I have to rely upon a variety of internet based sources (including this site) for information on Chelsea along side watching the matches on television. Obviously, it is far simpler to obtain information on the senior squad than the youth/reserve sides.

As this season winds down, I'm looking to the future. I do not want to speculate about transfers for the senior squad, but would rather learn more about the players on the Chelsea books who might play a role, if not next season, the one after.

For example, I do know that Scott Sinclair is silly fast and a goal scorer to boot. At 17, it is a bit much of an ask for him to be included in a Chelsea first team squad next season (well, maybe in one of the domestic cup competitions), but, provided he continues to develop, I can see him playing at Stamford Bridge.

I also know that Jonas Elmer has done well in a position that Chelsea seem to have a great deal of difficulty staffing, but since he has only been with the club for less than a season and with Bridge's future yet to be clarified, it doesn't seem likely that next season will see him at Stamford Bridge.

If possible, I would love to have some observations on Michael Mancienne, both the Younghusband boys, the two portugese boys Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira, and the England U-17s Jack Cork and Ryan Bertrand.

Lastly, I would also appreciate some insight into the Football Icon boy Sam Hurrell. Despite my dislike of "reality TV," I watched the whole thing and have noticed that Hurrell has made some 7 youth squad appearances and made the reserves substitute bench recently. However, it seems as if he isn't playing a fullback role, at least from what I can tell from the line-up reports, if I'm reading them correctly. By this, I mean that typically the first name is the goalkeeper, followed by the defenders, then mids, and then forwards... Hurrell's name has more recently been later in the list. For example, the report from March 5 has Hurrell as the last name... and in the March 19 report it is shown that he was substituted in favor of Saarelma, a player the official site calls a wide left player who can also play behind the strikers.

So, if you have any insight, I'd love to read your opinions.

ChAoS   

Sporting are famous at producing good wingers. Hope that Fabio Ferreira(Right Winger) can provide some magic in the future, and gets promoted to the first team. Ricardo is also a creative attacking midfielder... Promising youth along with Scotty Sinclair and Jimmy Smith..

Great first post, and welcome to CFCnet.

You claim to not be able to follow the reserves and youth team squad too well, but you sure know a lot about them! :)

I think you are spot on with Scott Sinclair being the most promising of the bunch. He just broke into the reserve squad a few weeks ago though, so I think his first team debut is probably still a bit far away. Maybe in the second half of next season. Sometimes I wish we put our reserve players out for the Carling Cup like Arse and ManU, would do those boys good!

As for Elmer, he shows very promising signs sometimes, and other times seems quite inexperienced out in the pitch. So he is still a year or so off I think.

As for Hurrell, I also made the same observations you did. I guess he might be playing as a left midfield, which I guess isn't too much of a difference from the attacking fullback roll he was playing before.

Frewm   

In this day and age, it seems like for every few years for most clubs they uncover a gem. It's been a few years now since JT first debuted for us (1998), so we really are due a new star from the youth ranks. I don't want to put too much expectation on Sinclair & Grant, but they really are the two I have my eye on. Both seem to be under the eye of the management too, as Sinclair was obviously advanced very quickly in the Reserves, and of course Grant made his debut for the First Squad last year.

Of the rest of that bunch, if we unearth anyone else in my opinion it will be a huge bonus.

Welcome to CFCnet GOM.

I hope Scott Sinclair will be the next Special One.

He is really the only promising one we have in our youth/reserves set-up. There are many more names being mentioned but we have said in the past that Neil Shipperley and Jody Morris was going to be the next "Ryan Giggs" and "Alan Shearer"!!

quote:Originally posted by cechmate

Shame - Dean Furman is moving to Celtic - It's official.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Why does he want to leave to a smaller club?

quote:Originally posted by hanuma

Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira (the two ex Sporting kids) are very highly rated within Portugal, both providing match winning performances for their country.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Perhaps we should test these two guys by promoting them to the Reserves for next season. That is if you reckon they are already that good.