• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

cechmate   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary
quote:Originally posted by cechmate

Shame - Dean Furman is moving to Celtic - It's official.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Why does he want to leave to a smaller club?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Obviously thinks he's more likely to get a first team place there.

Hey Gom,

I'm not sure about Sinclair, fingers crossed he will be a very good player and from what I have heard he will develop into a first team player at Chelsea.

As for Elmer and Grant I agree with all comments I think Elmer could be a very useful player and the fact that Grant made his debut at Old Trafford last year speaks for itself!

C'mon the Chels

basole   

Reading here, http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=327302 I found interesting stuff. Do you guys think Joe keenan has a chance? He is already 23. I dont know our reserves well but I think people like Mancienne,Grant,Sinclair,Elmer, Nuno Morias are the only ones with a realistic chance to play for Chelsea and also as squad players. Maybe I could be proved wrong!

Juni   

It's that indeed, he plays a central role and Chelsea have a lot of depth there already. Hope he does well.

rwhite   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary
quote:Originally posted by hanuma

Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira (the two ex Sporting kids) are very highly rated within Portugal, both providing match winning performances for their country.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Perhaps we should test these two guys by promoting them to the Reserves for next season. That is if you reckon they are already that good.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Fabio played in the reserves last week against Portsmouth and looked impressive. I must admit he looks older than 18.

hanuma   

Wheres the link.

Secondly...I never said how good I thought those Portuguese kids are, just giveing the opinion of portuguese fans who know of general Portuguese opinion on their youth team (a youth team stacked with talent).

Judging by the performance of Ferreira in his debut reserve game he is easily ready for that level.

quote:
Originally posted by GOM

Greetings from California...

If possible, I would love to have some observations on Michael Mancienne, both the Younghusband boys, the two portugese boys Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira, and the England U-17s Jack Cork and Ryan Bertrand.

Lastly, I would also appreciate some insight into the Football Icon boy Sam Hurrell.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Michael Mancienne is excellent and is good enough to make it in the Premiership I think, maybe even with us. Younhusbands probably not up to the Premiership, but should have a career. The two Portuguese kids will return home I'd say. I haven't seen enough of Bertrand, but Cork looked out of his depth in a recent U/17 international match. Hurrell is behind Bertrand and Elmer currently. Yes, Scott Sinclair looks to have a real future at Chelsea.

Thus says me anyway.

fester   

Another one to look out for is Jimmy Smith. He's got some very good write ups whilst playing for England u-18's(?).

hanuma   
quote:Originally posted by GOM

If possible, I would love to have some observations on Michael Mancienne, both the Younghusband boys, the two portugese boys Ricardo Fernandes and Fabio Ferreira, and the England U-17s Jack Cork and Ryan Bertrand.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Mancienne (central defender) has been utterly dominant at reserve level. He seems to have an excellent blend of pace, skill and the ability to read the game which could ensure he plays at a very high level. I think he needs to develop a little bit more physically, but of the current set of players at that level he is the most likely to be playing for Chelsea's first team any time soon.

Younghusbands (varous positions) don't look to have anywhere near the ability or consistency required to be even particularly good at reserve level.

Fernandes and Ferreira have had excellent debut seasons for the youth team (and for their youth national sides winning great acclaim in their home country) and Ferreira recently gave an impressive debut for the reserves. Fernandes is an attacking midfielder who plays in the hole and he has been the creative driving force behind the youth team this season (along with more defensive midfielder Dean Furman). Ferreira is a very good prospect on the right wing who is very right footed currently but has bags of tricks, good pace and good delivery.

Jack Cork and Ryan Bertrand have been solid members of the youth team, Cork occasionally coming up to reserve level to fill in. They have done reasonably well for England too. Nothing to shout about, however they play less glamorous roles and therefore little is written or seen of them.

quote:

Lastly, I would also appreciate some insight into the Football Icon boy Sam Hurrell.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I have been surprised that he has been used quite so much. He has forced Bertrand to the bench on several occasions now and has been used all up the left hand side. The reports about him have been very positive.

One more player who has been particularly good has been Jimmy Smith. He has improved tremendously in the last 12-18 months at reserve level. He takes an excellent freekick and is a natural finisher...he is an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal and his general playmaking is quite impressive. He has impressed Mourinho when training with the first team and his technique is such that he has a solid chance of getting at least more oppertunities with the first team, either training or playing.

Mancienne and Smith are probably at the stage now where they have little left to prove at reserve team level, I would expect to see the club loan them out next season.

Fernandes, Ferreira, Furman (if he is still here) and Sinclair will probably be more full time reserve team players next season.

quote:Originally posted by basole

Reading here, http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=327302 I found interesting stuff. Do you guys think Joe keenan has a chance? He is already 23. I dont know our reserves well but I think people like Mancienne,Grant,Sinclair,Elmer, Nuno Morias are the only ones with a realistic chance to play for Chelsea and also as squad players. Maybe I could be proved wrong!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Personally I don't think Keenan has a chance here anymore. Since that nasty injury, he has to recover slowly and age is not on his side anymore. Had he not got that injury, he may have had a chance to play 1st team football by now.

I still say he is good enough to play for one of the lower Premiership sides and a dead cert for Championship football level easily.