• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Khobar   

Nice report, thanks.

Jack Cork is former Wimbledon striker Alan Corks' son isn't he?

quote:Originally posted by Khobar

Nice report, thanks.

Jack Cork is former Wimbledon striker Alan Corks' son isn't he?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes he is Khobar.

Khobar   

Is he bald?

Juni   

OK, I figure we should maybe have one topic where we can discuss general stuff on reserves and youth, so I'll start it right now, because I went to see the Youth Team play against Cardiff today.

They won 2-1 over Cardiff, was a decent performance, not great, it did get better. Ricardo Fernandes went off early early, and Sam Hurrell came on at left back, so Jonas Elmer pushed into midfield, and opened the scoring. Cardiff levelled later in the second half, not sure who got it, according to the team sheets it was Mika Chunuonsee. Chelsea won it late, Sergio Tejera's strong chasing left Ben Sahar with an open goal. Lee Sawyer then got sent off in a punchup with Ashley Buswell (also sent off), Sawyer was getting wound up all game, was lucky not to be sent off before it, then just lost it (as he was about to be subbed) and started landing blows all over the shop (fiiiight), had to be forcibly removed by teammates/Kaiser.

Was impressed by the performances of Ofori, Worley and Bridcutt together at the centre of defence, and Tejera at AMC. Stoch can dribble forever but his end product needs work. Otherwise some good stuff in general.

U16s were on the adjacent pitch (spectators in between), they won 3-0 against Cardiff's equivalent. They looked good in places, striker Franck Nouble is HUGE.

Russell, Ofori, Worley, Bridcutt ©, Elmer, Sawyer, Fernandes (Hurrell), Stoch, Tejera, Saarelma (Sahar), Cummings

Thanks for the description of the match. As each year goes by I get more and more excited about our youth/reserve teams since we seem to be signing some great, young prospetcs.

From your description it seems as if Stoch is a Cristiano Ronaldo clone.

Juni   

If I get time later I'll detail each individual performance/type of player they are, there was some promising stuff, seeing some players in the flesh gave me a better/more rounded opinion of them over what I've read and seen on ChelseaTV.

Juni   

OK

James Russell - not sure if he was meant to start, Rhys Taylor seemed to have an injury and was carted off during the warmup but Russell was on the team sheet handed out. Anyway, he was good, was most impressed with his communication, he was assured and kept his defence in order. Didn't really have many saves to make, couldn't have stopped the goal. Not got great size but has a good goalkeeper attribute set.

Nana Ofori - He played well, another who made sure his voice was heard often and well (you'll see as I go on), he's strong and good in the air, and looks to get forward whilst also making sure his right flank is in order, whoever the winger ahead is.

Harry Worley - has shaved his head, and was commanding. He uses his size well but he's also a really good footballer and often was found leading breakouts from the back. No nonsense style, Brendan Rogers likened him to JT last season, I can see why.

Liam Bridcutt - captain, and centre back, not sure how often that happens as I've always been aware of him being a DMC but he played well. Not got great size for a central defender and was maybe caught for pace for Cardiff's goal but always wanted the ball, was vocal, and showed cracking distribution off both feet.

Jonas Elmer - I think a rare outing at this level for a reserve regular and his advanced development showed. Never looked rushed, moved into midfield early and did a nice solid job, capped off with a composed finish for the first goal. Was unlucky not to get a second.

Lee Sawyer - He's tenacious and tough in the tackle, busy as anything, and plays at 100 mph. Unfortunately that got him into bother today but he was driving and quite impressive in parts. It didn't help that the ref booked him for the most innocuos of his tackles, but he was lucky not to have gone before he did, cliched red mist decended, he lost it. Still looked a talent mind

Ricardo Fernandes - can't really comment, went off hurt very early. From the warmup though he loves to be with the ball and is a creative sort. Small though.

Miroslav Stoch - ah Miro. Can dribble very well off both feet, and is really quick, he just needs to get his head up and look around. Maybe 1 time in 6 he'd do something other than keep the ball too long and lose it or shoot wide. He should've had a hattrick. There's raw talent there needing harnessed for sure. He's also very very small, 5'6", 132lbs.

Sergio Tejera - He really impressed me. He has good size and is good off both feet, but he's the complete antithesis of the stereotypical young Iberian winger. He showed strength and an astute eye for what was going on and was tough. He chased the ball down at the end of the game well and was rewarded with the assist for Sahar's winner with a challenge on the Cardiff centre back and recovery of the ball.

Tomi Saarelma - Did OK, was a bit quiet and should've scored a near open goal, didn't do a lot of note but also wasn't particularly bad.

Shaun Cummings - Battled admirably but didn't really get a sniff a lot of the time. Worked hard in a lone striker role and was unlucky with some close referreeing calls on some clumsy collisions another day would've gone his way.

Subs

Sam Hurrell - Very impressed actually, a lot of what I've written for Ofori could be written here. He showed a load of responsibility and perhaps importantly looked very much a part of the team and squad. Didn't do anything wrong and looked to link up often, and communicated very well.

Ben Sahar - quiet, chased down everything and worked hard, scored. Didn't get a lot of time to do a lot but looked physically impressive and is definitely one to watch.

Hope this is of some help, any questions, fire away.

The reserves are away at Charlton on Monday.

I'm sure some kind chap will do a match report.

You can read a report of our first reserve game against Fulham Here

Atr   

Thanks for the update! I read the the match reports on the main site but they don't have individual player writeups or even pics.

I'm hearing lots of good things about Scott Sinclair and Michael Mancienne. Could we get descriptions on those two and whether they're ready to start being slowly introduced to the first team?