• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Watched the game and enjoyed it immensely, but I have to agree with the tone of the Mails article that they're never going to figure in the first team.

Fear rules at Chelsea with such a great level of expectation placed on the shoulders of the manager that they all seem reticent to say the least to play the "kids".(Di Santo aside)

Anyway back to the game , we were dreadful for the first 25 minutes with Nicky Ahmed playing like he was comatose - Tommy Langley thought he'd improved by the end of the game but despite a goal-line clearance - I thought he was our weakest link.

Very Impressed with Philiskirk who bossed the midfield and was a live wire throughout , Kakuta as ever dazzled , Nouble scored a fine goal and Borrini was dogged and deserved his "poachers" goal for the hard work he'd put in throughout the game.

Defensively for a youngster, I thought Rowan Ince was superb and Heiman in goal looks like a baby Cech and had a great game.

Good stuff lads and refreshing to see some performances not hampered by being laden down with pockets full of millions which many of the first team players seem to be suffering from.

I kept on wondering why we didn’t play Borini last season instead of Nielsen as what we were missing in that team was a poacher, someone that would score a clear cut or even a half chance something our starting strikers last season wasn’t capable of doing and if wasn’t for our wingers and midfielders scoring most of the goals we wouldn’t have gotten far last season.

I know this season with Borini in the team we are capable of winning as we certainly create loads of chances and our finishing today was quite clinical unlike last season games and long more it continue.

He was still coming to terms with settling in a new country last year and he himself admitted that in an interview with Chelsea TV few weeks back. I have been really impressed with his commitment and workrate on the pitch. Strikers are judged by goals but he is much more than a poacher.

I was surprised by Nouble. tbf I haven't watched him a lot, but the games I saw last season he didn't impress me at all. But looks like a player from what I have seen so far this season. All in all we seem to have a damn good group of players in the youth side. The future excites me.

It was the standout tie in the Third Round draw for the FA Youth Cup, and it played out as such. A match of high quality, drama and tension saw Chelsea upset the odds, and the form book, and send Manchester United crashing out of a competition they have owned ...

http://www.CFCnet.co.uk/2008/11/28/youth-t...ited-the-blues/

Olusisi   
He was still coming to terms with settling in a new country last year and he himself admitted that in an interview with Chelsea TV few weeks back. I have been really impressed with his commitment and workrate on the pitch. Strikers are judged by goals but he is much more than a poacher.

I know he has more in his games than scoring goals and he was adjusting to the team last season but with a player like him even out of form would still have scored some of the opportunities wasted by Nielsen and just knowing that is someone like that in your team would give the rest of his team confidences.

hanuma   

Excellent result, but an awful lot to work on, as a team and individuals. Utd actually weren't that good (nor have they been in the cup recently), rather renders a comparison a bit redundant. So on their own merits; I thought Bruma looked more like a version of Michael Essien at CB, some great all action ability, but none of the discipline or positional sense you'd want in a top class defender (even at this early stage) and it was a miracle we didn't concede more (miracles courtesy of our GK and some bad Utd finishing). Ince looked his age, rather than the 6'3' precocious talent he was supposed to be (not to be taken as a major criticism).

Nouble's touch was horribly inconsistent and his passing was very poor. He'll always have a career with his size and pace, but he needs to start showing a lot more than the basic physical and technical requirements if he wants to succeed with us. Don't forget we're looking for the best of the best, even at this level. I thought Borini looked much better in comparison, natural finisher, good passer, good awareness, let's see how he grows, hopefully he can become as good as Sahar relatively quickly, because he'll need to be much better than Sahar if he wants to make it here.

Ball retention was better than Utd's, well done for the evening, but in key areas the ball was lost far too easily, poor first touch leading to hurried passes or just plain bad decision making. Expect a certain amount of that at this level, but without Tejera I thought there was a marked difference in the level of control on show.

This might sound overly harsh, but hopefully it can be a tonic to the pollyannas that think they can all do something for the first team already.

rwhite   

Great game. Really enjoyed that after the Bordeaux game. What a pick me up. We finished with 4 16 years old on the pitch and Bruma and Nouble are also eligible to play next year. That would be 3 years for Bruma which is very unusual.

Some of the newer faces such as Philiskirk and Ince played really well and Ahamed, apart for their first goal, looked good. Heimann was outstanding and initially I thought Cech was on the pitch without his helmet.

The subs did alright as well. Billy Knott was like a terrier chasing down their players.

Can't wait for the next game.

The best player on that pitch last night was surely young rohan ince he was imense all game did not put a foot wrong and he was one of the youngest on the pitch ....yes it was a great performance with a few standout talents in there BUT its true what the mail said in that article how many will actually make it ....Untill we get a manager that is prepeard to breed youngsters the young crop we have will be wasted...IF we had arsene wenger has manager I rekon at least 5 or 6 of our younger players will have already played in the cc or fa cup.... I personnly think that geal kakuta is better than jack wilshere but will he be able to prove it ....THE ANSWER IS NO

sjhshaw   
Excellent result, but an awful lot to work on, as a team and individuals. Utd actually weren't that good (nor have they been in the cup recently), rather renders a comparison a bit redundant. So on their own merits; I thought Bruma looked more like a version of Michael Essien at CB, some great all action ability, but none of the discipline or positional sense you'd want in a top class defender (even at this early stage) and it was a miracle we didn't concede more (miracles courtesy of our GK and some bad Utd finishing). Ince looked his age, rather than the 6'3' precocious talent he was supposed to be (not to be taken as a major criticism).

Nouble's touch was horribly inconsistent and his passing was very poor. He'll always have a career with his size and pace, but he needs to start showing a lot more than the basic physical and technical requirements if he wants to succeed with us. Don't forget we're looking for the best of the best, even at this level. I thought Borini looked much better in comparison, natural finisher, good passer, good awareness, let's see how he grows, hopefully he can become as good as Sahar relatively quickly, because he'll need to be much better than Sahar if he wants to make it here.

Ball retention was better than Utd's, well done for the evening, but in key areas the ball was lost far too easily, poor first touch leading to hurried passes or just plain bad decision making. Expect a certain amount of that at this level, but without Tejera I thought there was a marked difference in the level of control on show.

This might sound overly harsh, but hopefully it can be a tonic to the pollyannas that think they can all do something for the first team already.

It is a bit harsh mate, they're only youngsters :-) I think we looked nervous at the start of the first half but then settled down nicely. I think Bruma looked really good, discipline will hopefully come with a bit more age / experience. He's 6ft + as well, and looks like he has a lot of pace. Keeper - great, Left back made a couple of great runs I thought, looked very skillful. Philliskirk and Mellis I like them both. I agree about Nouble and Borini. Nouble looks to have developed physically at a very young age, and will probably take some time adjusting as the other boys catch up to him. He won't be able to rely so much on his physical attributes.

I have to say that even though short of match fitness and limping, Kakuta is the one. The kids balance and some of his touches were amazing! If there was one of the kids to have a punt on, it would be him. Looks like he can unlock some doors. I know, he's only young, but those kids last night were a hell of a lot bigger than him, and couldn't get him off the ball at times. I'm not saying put him in the first team this weekend, but if I was Scolari, I'd be keeping a very close eye on him, even at this stage. If we can afford any sort of a luxury, it would be in the middle of the park where we have the other players to compensate. Out wide is a bit of a different story.