• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Thanks for the write up Juni. I don't really have any comments to make on it, but thought I should emphasise that reading about youth/reserve teams is just as interesting as reading about the first team for me. (maybe even a little more interesting sometimes).

Just because you may not get many replies, please don't feel that there aren't a lot of us who appreciate the time you have taken to write it!

Karan   

Amazing reports and analysis, Juni! Really appreciate the time and effort put in. Reading about the Reserve and youth players is very interesting for me, partly because I'm not able to see them in action.

Just a small clarification on the team, do they play the 433 (or a version of it) that JM likes?

I'm very excited about the abilities of Tejera, Stoich, Sinclair and now the likes of Mancienne and Worley. Hopefully we'll see these lads get their breakthrough into the first team squad at some point.

Once again, brilliant effort mate!

Juni   

Defensively it's a 4-2-3-1 sort of style, two defensive central types (Sawyer and Fernandes, although Fernandes is given a Pirlo-type freedom), and three quick winger types who can interchange (Saarelma, Stoch, Tejera), with a lone one up top. When attacking it can become the standard 4-3-3 JM plays, Tejera would become the top of the midfield three with Stoch and Saarelma pushing on to FL/FR.

Kaiser's quite tactically astute from my knowledge and has tried a number of formations, including an interesting 3-3-4, which sees Liam Bridcutt in the anchor role between defence and midfield.

dooder12   

Whatever happened to Fabio Ferreira, he was getting rave reviews in a few Reserve matches? I haven't read much about him in terms of the Chelsea youth/reserve set up this season.

Juni   

He was sub on Saturday and was set to come on for Sawyer just as he got sent off. Can't say much as I've not seen him in action but I think he's probably further ahead than Saarelma, might well have been away with Portugal's youth team this week and been rested as a result.

Karan   

Tottenham Hotspur Youth - 0 Chelsea Youth 4

Chelsea, four wins in four games going into this fixture won the battle of the 100 per cent records on Saturday morning. Tottenham had three wins in three.

Team (4-2-1-3) Russell; Oforia-Twumasi (Hurrell 82), Worley, Hutchinson, Bertrand; Bridcutt ©, Woods; Tejera (F Ferreira 72); Stoch, Sahar, Nielsen (Sinclair 62).

Good to see the youth team maintain their 100% start to the season. long may it continue.

Originally posted by dooder12

Whatever happened to Fabio
Ferreira
, he was getting rave reviews in a few Reserve matches?
I
haven't read much about him in terms of the Chelsea youth/reserve set up this season.

It now seems that he is a regular in the reserves. Playing superbly as well. Fast and able to beat defenders consistently.

Taken from TOCFCWS

Tottenham Hotspur Youth 0 Chelsea Youth 4

Monday, Sep 18, 2006

Chelsea, four wins in four games going into this fixture won the battle of the 100 per cent records on Saturday morning. Tottenham had three wins in three. Youth team manager Ruud Kaiser was delighted with his team, the game and the refereeing.

“The game was a high tempo from the start,†he said. “Both teams played really tremendous. It was a top game from both teams. “We got the first chance to score, a Ben Sahar header, but he missed, and then Tottenham missed a chance.

“The referee was really good. Tottenham got a little carried away at the beginning but he just talked, he didn’t give yellow cards, and when the game cooled off he was able to let it go.†Just past the half-hour Chelsea took the lead. It was a solo effort by 16 years old Slovakian winger Miroslav Stoch. “Miroslav passed two players then from 30 yards out hit it in the far corner. It was a great goal.â€Â

Just over ten minutes later Chelsea struck again. It was the fourth goal of the season for 17 years old Israeli centre-forward Ben Sahar. “There was a great kick by goalkeeper James Russell, Sergio Tejera flicked it on in the air, and Ben Sahar was all alone one-on-one with the goalkeeper and finished well.â€Â

Click Here For Full Article

bluemc   

Superb! lets remember that it has taken Arsenal about 10 years and United similar to get youngsters good enough to play in the first team, however I am confident that within 5 we could at least have Sinclair, Bertrand, Mancciene, Stock and a few others at least in the squad.

Arnesen's work is beginning to pay off then?!!