• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I never knew there was anything like this but I would be interested because later this year I'm in college and would be able to afford coming down to London more often with my Chelsea mates as I definately have a part-time job soon and EMA and all.

If you do pursue with this let me know!

We need to push this big time next season, lads.

The person that organised it decided to go to church instead and decided that football was on the bad side and that everyone he went with was a bad influence...True story.

I wouldn't mind carrying this on if alot of people want to get involved.

OAFC   

Hello all.

Oldham fan here. I am interested in the progress of Danny Philliskirk. His Dad is still the youth team coach here at Oldham and churning out the talent that we then flog on. How has Danny done in his first two years? I am aware that he signed a four year deal. Would Chelsea now be looking to loan him out as I understand we have first dibs should this happen?

We've done a fair bit of business over the years with you. We've taken Anthony Grant on loan a few years back, apparently he wasn't too keen on being tackled in training! Fair play though he's forged a career at this level. Ryan Bertrand was magnificent and I really hope at some point he can get some time with Chelsea's first team. Cracking player he is, I think he could do very well for himself. As for Fabio Ferreira, well other than a ten minute cameo during a Tuesday night away game at Cheltenham (oh the glamour) we never saw him again. That was a very strange move.

Anyhow, as I say, do you think Danny would ready for a move to League One next season? What do you think Chelsea's preferred path for him is?

Thanks for any info.

I think that Mancienne will also be eligible for the next tournament (2009-11) as the current cut-off date for players is 1st Jan 1986, so there should be numerous 23 year olds at this summer's event (as ever). Presumably it'll be 1st Jan 1988 next time.

It's probably best that Bertrand and Cork get a rest after long seasons and put themselves in the running for the first team in pre-season.

Yea I think you got your point there too. I believe it would be Cork's last chance to do well (as I'm sure he always does) and try pushing into the first-team squad in the pre-season. As for Bertrand, it's down to whether the new manager believes in experience from players of other position or this young left-back as cover for A. Cole.

Speaking of next U21 tournament, I believe Mancienne, Cork and Bertrand will for sure form the new core of the next squad, which will play qualifying games over the next 2 years. And Mancienne could be one of the candidates for captain too. I don't know rightly, but I believe Rodwell is a similar type of player as Cork? The next crop of U21 should feature more of the Chelsea boys and it'll be exciting to see how they do!

leon3000   
The person that organised it decided to go to church instead and decided that football was on the bad side and that everyone he went with was a bad influence...True story.

as my mate said above

I would be intrested in carrying this on for next season aswell

oh right fair enough. I did hear about the meet for burnely last season, but never really got involved as I didn't know any of the lads doing it so was hard for me to organise meeting everyone. only reason why I've decided to mention it now as it would be good to go with a group of lads rather than family etc. also as there is plenty of time across the summer to organise things for next season and could really get this going. dont really have to deal with the club at all, just buy tickets together and meet up before hand. I'm not talking about every game of the season, as I wouldnt be able to afford that, but everyone could pick and choose the games that suit them and if there is enough of us I'm sure there will be enough people wanting to go to the same games.

and as all my mates are either gooners or united, would be good to meet up with some new people and get a little crowd going to games and have more of a laugh.

think its just a case of spreading the word, and just picking a game and just going and getting our tickets together. see where it goes from there. I'm sure many younger lads just go with their mates anyway, its just a case of letting them know about the idea and getting all of us in the same section (by buying tickets together) to really make an impact.

Juni   
Hello all.

Oldham fan here. I am interested in the progress of Danny Philliskirk. His Dad is still the youth team coach here at Oldham and churning out the talent that we then flog on. How has Danny done in his first two years? I am aware that he signed a four year deal. Would Chelsea now be looking to loan him out as I understand we have first dibs should this happen?

We've done a fair bit of business over the years with you. We've taken Anthony Grant on loan a few years back, apparently he wasn't too keen on being tackled in training! Fair play though he's forged a career at this level. Ryan Bertrand was magnificent and I really hope at some point he can get some time with Chelsea's first team. Cracking player he is, I think he could do very well for himself. As for Fabio Ferreira, well other than a ten minute cameo during a Tuesday night away game at Cheltenham (oh the glamour) we never saw him again. That was a very strange move.

Anyhow, as I say, do you think Danny would ready for a move to League One next season? What do you think Chelsea's preferred path for him is?

Thanks for any info.

He's doing alright, but he's not been helped by being shifted around positions this season. He's at his best in central midfield but due to short numbers at times he's played centre back and striker, where he puts in a shift but isn't that good. In the middle of the park he plays an intelligent, patient game and knows how to use the ball and when to get forward. He's the regular youth team captain.

I think next year is too ambitious for him to head out on loan, he needs to push on into our Reserves on a regular basis and take Mineiro's midfield role this season, and get to the point where league football would benefit everyone. I don't see that being any sooner than 2010/11.

Woah. Depending on if I get a season ticket this year I wouldn't mind tagging along, even if its for cup games and aways, we just need numbers!

Juni   

2009 Willem II Tournament, 29/30 August

D-pupillen (Under 14s)

Poule A: Ajax, Arsenal, Feyenoord, Schalke ‘04

Poule B: Chelsea FC, PSV, Willem II, Hamburg SV

C-junioren (Under 15s)

Poule C: Willem II, FC Kopenhagen, PSV, Chelsea FC

Poule D: Hamburg SV, Feyenoord, Japanse selectie, Arsenal

We're also going back over for the Milk Cup at the end of July in the Under 15 group again, and the Copa Amsterdam starts tomorrow.

darbo92   

I would definitely be up for this and so would 2/3 of my mates,

this year I went to some games with my old man and the others with mates and next season we'll(me and my mates) probably be attending a lot more games so would be great if we could meet up with more and start building a youth group going to matches

oh yeah btw were 16/17