• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   
Thanks Juni. Any updates on the game against Real Madrid ?

They lost 3-0.

Vikke   

Hi you all! Have you got any idea about the top 6 youth and reserves player of the season?

Juni   
Hi you all! Have you got any idea about the top 6 youth and reserves player of the season?

Without going into details, Nouble, Borini, Bridcutt, Sala, Ahmed and Mellis.

I've met Tom (the originator behind CYG) a couple of times and his motives were spot on. Two things came to mind though. Sadly, at his age, I reckon Tom's early introduction to apathy and beauracracy may have put him off. This requires perseverence and contacts if any of it is to succeed. Secondly (and this is only a guess) his aims for the group perhaps didn't match some of the others.

Look, we've tried (and so far failed) to get cheaper tickets for 16-21yo supporters, as well as an area in the ground for everyone to meet and build up that sense of camaraderie and belonging that I'm forever banging on about. That doesn't mean we've given up but we're on to plans B, C & D now. No good people our age driving this - it has to come from the youth.

The younger element at some of the aways is great to see and hopefully that will grow for next season. What we need is some of you younger ones to move away from just talking about it on forums and get yourselves organised. You're not going to get too much help from the Club. Know what you want to get out of it, meet in the same place every time, get a name for it, spread the word any way you can and it's gonna take off.

Doesn't help that the tickets are so expensive but these are the (current) constraints we're working to.

Here's an opportunity for someone to be the modern day (well behaved) Hicky or Eccles. Lead from the front and it might well work.

I think the post above has pretty much nailed it on the head. Need to put words into action and get it going right from the off next season. Go to as many games as possible and really try and spread the word. Make it a regular thing and meet in a certain place every week (could be somewhere like the so bar, where alot of you probably go anyway-we would just be together!), get the songs going early to let everyone know that were there and try and grab any other young persons attention and get them to want to join us the following week, or whenever they next come to a game. This way it will hopefully just spread across the whole of chelsea and every young person will know about it, and they will all be able to get tickets in the same area of the ground, rather than just in their own little groups. This will no doubt boost the atmosphere, and make a day out at the bridge much more enjoyable for everyone envolved.

About 15-20 were involved at some point last season as far as I'm concerned. If it is to happen I don't think its a good idea to drink in the so bar though, maybe best to find another pub. It would be good to start it off again and improve it a lot by organising it properly and stuff.

Edited by cfc-smithy

ChelC   
Without going into details, Nouble, Borini, Bridcutt, Sala, Ahmed and Mellis.

will generally concur with that but I would be tempted to replace bridcutt with P.V Aanholt

Thanks for the twitter link Juni, I am still puzzled and shock to hear that Nana broke an opponent's collarbone!!!

I was also interested I this last year, but every meet seemed to fall on games where I couldn't make it , or had commitments to go to games with others. 16 btw