• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

Perhaps an odd point of subject, but anyone care to work out the Under-16 squad for next season?

Jamal Blackman

Lewis Carey

Nathaniel Chalobah

Andy Hall

Archange Nkumu

Adam Gemili

Todd Kane

Reece Loudon

Jake Hessenthaler

Toni Sá

Unpha Koroma

Danny Stenning

Andrew Musungu

George Bowerman

Freddie Champion

I think that'll be the core, then the likes of Ismail Seremba (who went to the Ferroli Tournament, as the youngest player there) and Greg Butler supplementing from the 15s.

Well, Mancienne had another game to forget against the U-21 Germans where he was at fault for their goal. Not a particularly inspiring performance, perhaps he is, indeed, more suited to RB?

It's quite funny reading this. My first impressions are FFS it's only Reading, almost a local derby but my first away out of London was Oxford in '76 where me and my mates planned the trip for weeks on end, London Country Buses departure times from Victoria Coach Station etc. Victoria was milling with Chelsea that day but on the way back we were the only ones at the bus stop waiting for a return, everyone else who had come on a bus bunked back on a train to Paddington.

My first away was birmingham city in 76 , got chased across the pitch , kicked up the arse my mickey droy and chased back to new st station before half time (had a shiner and a chipped tooth )... that was it I was hooked LOL.

xandaca   
Well, Mancienne had another game to forget against the U-21 Germans where he was at fault for their goal. Not a particularly inspiring performance, perhaps he is, indeed, more suited to RB?

Let's not go over the top here. Yes, he's unquestionably having a lousy tournament, but at his age mistakes like the ones he's been making will only give him experience and opportunities to learn and improve. What we don't want is for him to be flawless as a youngster, get into the first team, then start making mistakes and be unable to cope with them. If he's well coached now, he'll not lose confidence, understand where he went wrong and emerge a stronger player. Terry had some terrible games when he was starting his Chelsea and England careers, which helped him adapt and mature into the type of world-beating captain he has become. Will Mancienne learn from these mistakes and fulfill his potential? Who knows. What is sure is that we shouldn't be judging him on the mistakes he makes, but rather how he reacts to them.

Keyrun   

From what I saw of the goal (Which was only a glimpse), it was more a positional mistake than anything. Some players at a young age read the game well, others don't. Its something he'll pick up as he matures, or we'll just switch him to RB, whonoes.

db12d1   

When is the new list of scholars will come out?

It's strange because last year I think it was already out by June 15.

Perhaps an odd point of subject, but anyone care to work out the Under-16 squad for next season?

Jamal Blackman

Lewis Carey

Nathaniel Chalobah

Andy Hall

Archange Nkumu

Adam Gemili

Todd Kane

Reece Loudon

Jake Hessenthaler

Toni Sá

Unpha Koroma

Danny Stenning

Andrew Musungu

George Bowerman

Freddie Champion

I think that'll be the core, then the likes of Ismail Seremba (who went to the Ferroli Tournament, as the youngest player there) and Greg Butler supplementing from the 15s.

What about that oun Austrian, Philip Oestrenik (can't remember the name)?

Juni   
When is the new list of scholars will come out?

It's strange because last year I think it was already out by June 15.

Last year was June 19th, the year before June 9th. So yeah, it's slightly overdue.

I've had a piece written on them ready to post on CFCnet as soon as they're announced, so keep an eye out for that.