• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

@ Hanuma/Olusisi. Re: Fabio Borini

My learned friend Olusisi is pretty much bang on the money!

Borini although not a single striker/target man has the ability to play as support striker, and also seems capable in the No.10 role when he's played it at reserve/youth level, as you rightly say Hanuma a raw talent but I feel good things may come from him, just my humble opinion of course.

sonyds13   

Will Ancelotti give Kakuta, Stoch, and Cork and the youngsters a chance?

The media are really criticizing our youth system, we have a talented youth squad but when you have 5 managers in 2 years..it'll be hard to get first team oppurtunities. I don't think Ancellotti will use too many youth next season, he will probably clear out the squad first in 2010 and the kids will get more chances...hopefully. He's known to not use youth, but that was Serie A.

sonyds13   
Di Santo (if he won't loaned to Blackburn by then he will go for sure) and Sinclair are probably there.

Di Santo is part of the first team, him and Mancienne.

db12d1   

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0...1721568,00.html

On Thursday you embark on the tour of America. Are you a manager who likes to take some of the very young players along for experience?

I saw in this week the young players and there is very good talent. They are very young but they work with us, with the first team, and it is good experience. We don't know yet but maybe one or two can come.

He also said that Paul Clement will work with him. I don't think it will be ideal if he work in two roles.

hanuma   

"They are very young players" perhaps refers more to their ability than their age. But we'll see.

Borini although not a single striker/target man has the ability to play as support striker, and also seems capable in the No.10 role when he's played it at reserve/youth level, as you rightly say Hanuma a raw talent but I feel good things may come from him, just my humble opinion of course.
This is fine, I think my worry with Borini specifically (in conjunction with the fact that such a tiny minority have the actual ability to make it with a club our size) is that he's very similar to a lot of these young, very professional Italian strikers, who all know how to finish but don't have the pace or strength to do a damn thing in the Premier League. Players like Lupoli at Arsenal or Rossi at Utd, who were brilliant in the youth/reserve sides, but simply couldn't cut it higher up. More to the point, I don't see much room for development without any physical growth, similar to Sahar, whilst Borini is a good mover, quite quick, a very good finisher, that's not enough, nor will it be until he's got years and years of experience under his belt at a high level.

Could this really be right?

Arsenal snap up Chelsea youngster

"Arsene Wenger is set to nick Chelsea's highest-rated youngster in years.

Frank Nouble, 17, came through the ranks at Stamford Bridge but turned down professional forms with the Blues as he fears he will not get any first-team opportunities.

The free-scoring left-winger has been tracked for some time by Arsenal youth supremo Liam Brady".

db12d1   

Stoch will be loaned next season:

One of the most famous clubs gives rising star Miroslav Stoch possibility to go on loan next season. This decision came up in the beginning of the week.

19-year old Slovak hardly could make some impressive cut into star-loaded Chelsea 1st team in upcoming season and that´s why CFC organisation allowed him to change the club on temporary basis.

"I have discussed this case with club´s sporting director and he told me that Miroslav is free to go on loan," informs Stoch´s agent Milan Lednicky, who has confirmed, that his client has several interesting offers at the moment such as Wigan Athletics (11th in Premier League), Turkish champion Besiktas Istanbul, Reading FC (nearly promoted to Premier League), Dutch Twente Enschede (2nd in Eredivisie season) or German Borussia Mönchengladbach (15th in Bundesliga).

"Upcoming days might bring the final conclusion," predicts agent Lednicky.

I don't know what the best option but Mönchengladbach lost their winger (Marko Marin) and he could fill his place, so does Twente (Elia). I think those should be the best options for him.

ChelC   
Stoch will be loaned next season:

I don't know what the best option but Mönchengladbach lost their winger (Marko Marin) and he could fill his place, so does Twente (Elia). I think those should be the best options for him.

Wigan sold Valencia too and Martinez likes flair players like stoch. If he can get games at Wigan, then that might be a quicker route into the first team.