• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   
No sign of Frank Nouble on that list of scholars.

Probably because he was a scholar last year ;)

Great to see that Sam Hutchinson has gone on the USA tour with the first team squad. I still have high hopes for him, although he's similar to Mancienne in that both are possibly a bit too short to play at centre back for a club of our size. Right back is likely to be a better avenue for the pair of them. The key issue with Sam is his fitness. He was reported to be playing through the pain upon his return last season, so I hope that has resolved itself. His personality and leadership qualities will serve him well though. Must say, I'm disappointed that Jack Cork hasn't made the cut for the tour.

Edited by grantdesmidt11

Great to see that Sam Hutchinson has gone on the USA tour with the first team squad. I still have high hopes for him, although he's similar to Mancienne in that both are possibly a bit too short to play at centre back for a club of our size. Right back is likely to be a better avenue for the pair of them. The key issue with Sam is his fitness. He was reported to be playing through the pain upon his return last season, so I hope that has resolved itself. His personality and leadership qualities will serve him well though. Must say, I'm disappointed that Jack Cork hasn't made the cut for the tour.

I concur.

The youngsters which are going to USA seem to have been selected on seniority basis. I was hoping to see a few among Bruma, Kakuta, Van Aanholt and Mellis travelling with the group.

Is Tejera back?

ish   

I was surprised by hutchinson personally, I see him as a rightback also and having something like 6 rightbacks in that squad is a bit silly.

Keyrun   

By the looks of that squad, Ancelotti wants to see his likely squad for the upcoming season in action. It made little sense to take some of the youngsters who he has little knowledge of when he only has a limited amount of info on his first team.

Codger   

Reading FC: Bertrand loan deal agreed

The Club have agreed terms with Chelsea to sign England under 21 international left back Ryan Bertrand on a season-long loan.

Chelsea have given permission for Bertrand, 19, to play in our pre-season fixture at Kettering this weekend, and all subsequent paperwork will be finalised next week.

He trained with his new teammates on Friday morning, and will wear the squad number 24.

The Southwark-born defender is Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Reading manager, and the two are familiar with each other, having worked together at Stamford Bridge.

Ryan has already played 88(+3) games in his career, having lined up for Norwich City, AFC Bournemouth and Oldham on loan. He joined Chelsea from Gillingham in 2005.

I was lucky enough to get tickets today, whats happening then? anyone meeting at paddington??

Edited by essienessien

hey guys...I found this clip by accident...but I find chelsea should really inform the fans more of the youths especially for international fans without chelsea tv...I still don't know if nouble signed or not