• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

hanuma   
I have not been this excited for a reserves game in a while. I guess I am really looking forward to seeing KAKUTA play. I really expect big things from him this year. I hope he can make the leap to superstar level this season, giving Ancelotti no choice but to give him some burn with the 1st team.

*sigh*

Olusisi   

Turnbull is very much like the new generation English keepers coming through, you can pretty much tell how the game would go by their first mistake or superb save unlike the top keepers that have the abilities to recover from a mistake and put in a great performance.

Edited by Olusisi

ChelC   

Turnbull omg, 1st teamer!!!!! we hope not. I ll vote Hilario for now damn woeful game, at fault for 3 goals if not all 4.

Nana was poor and so was the rest of the backline. Entire team was poor bar Sturridge. Kakuta gave the ball away too many times.

Khobar   

Poor game but with a few mitigating circumstances to give a tiny crumb of comfort (new coach, experienced reserves on loan, err, that's it). No real excuse for being outrun and outbattled by Villa though. Turnbull had a nightmare, although his defence were just as shocking for much of the game. A few cameos, but no one came out of the game with much credit although Sala looked a prospect and Borini ploughed a lone furrow manfully. Sturridge showed he could do it, but nowhere near enough - he should be leading the less experienced players in this sort of game in the same way you would expect him to be helped along in a first team match. Good to see Kakuta fit, although generally rather wasteful.

We were shambolic. You had to be here tonight to gauge how inept and clueless we were for the whole 90 minutes. Our passing was sloppy and we were overpowered all over the pitch by the physicality, energy and endeavour of the Vila players. They beat us to almost every first and second ball in the match. No one was closing their man down and there was little communication between the players. Turnbull had a mare. The man behind me said that this is probably the worst debut he has ever seen from a Chelsea player. I was especially disappointed by our play in midfield. I think the game was crying for someone to show a bit of bite and I would have loved to see Clifford on the pitch but he wasn't on the bench. I guess the only highlight of the day was meeting our resident photographer Dan.

Chelsea's Reserves started their 2009/10 season with their heaviest defeat since moving to Griffin Park two years ago, losing 4-0 to a quite brilliant performance from Aston Villa. The Blues were equally disappointing, but goals two goals from Ciaran Clark sandwiched by efforts from Andreas Weimann and Marc Albrighton left ...

http://www.CFCnet.co.uk/2009/08/25/reserve...-awesome-villa/