• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

we might even use some of the younger players at the club

bonus at home with full house

if they can force their way in then thats all well and good

carlo likes hutchinson immensely and he may well play and some others as well

Some choice quotes from the Wilkins interview. Sounded very positive about using a number of youngsters.

hanuma   

Thanks very much for the report Juni. Great job.

As absurd as this sounds....Kakuta should thrive in a Christmas tree... Sounds like he certainly needs a few games to really get up to his best speed, becoming more effective (no less showy) in the mean time.

any vids of the game?

I saw a heap of clips for the villa game floating around, wasnt as keen to watch that one though

Vinod   
Thanks very much for the report Juni. Great job.

As absurd as this sounds....Kakuta should thrive in a Christmas tree... Sounds like he certainly needs a few games to really get up to his best speed, becoming more effective (no less showy) in the mean time.

As long as he passes quickly, he should be fine. He seemed to run into defenders and break the passing game sometimes.

ChelC   

Very good job Juni.

Very good fixture and performance for a bounce back as well.

I was most impressed with the two Cliffords.

Conor gets a lot of stick at youth level but I dont honestly know why. I love his style of play and I thought we missed a player like him in the first match against Villa. he broke up the play so many times and was just a nuisance to portsmouth anytime they tried to attack. I think with the diamond formation we are going to play, its a given that we have to play him or philliskirk in there somewhere. Billy Clifford looked very good in that RB spot and you can see that he's one of those natural footballers that cab do a job in many positions on the pitch.

Kakuta's game was matured and he used the ball so well unlike the Aston villa game. The type of game he played yesterday will be more likely to get him noticed by the powers that be. he didn't score but his one touch play and his through balls and passes were second to none on that pitch. However, the showing might be down to the pompey players not picking him up or our formation gelling and leaving him free and unnoticed when the players are moving and switching positions.

Edited by ChelC

Was impressed by Conor, he looked up for it and had an effective and energetic debut. He, along with Woods, covered a lot of ground and made a lot of tackles, thereby clearing space and time for Sala--who sat a bit deeper--to control the pace of the game. It was almost a Pirlo type role for Sala, though he was a lot simpler and shorter with his passing.

Back to Conor and he had a neat game; crisp passes, crunching tackles, and high energy. Good start.

I thought we played a 4-3-1-2, with Kakuta operating behind Borini and Philips. Gael looked quite impressive, and really has an eye for a defense splitting pass. I remember at least three occasions where he put Borini, Philips, and Conor through clear on goal. He may not be the quickest (though he seems like one who's quicker with the ball at his feet) or the strongest, but his vision, touch, and control are quite impressive. He's still lacking a bit of match fitness and sharpness, but a run of games will do him a world of good, as would a cup appearance or three.

Borini worked his socks off, got nothing from the ref, but got the brace he deserved. He looks like a real poacher, but I feel he needs to get stronger, and a little bit quicker.

Good game from Philips too. Like Borini, he worked hard and put away the chances presented to him. Showed pretty good stregth holding the ball up as well, impressive from one with a rather slight frame.

Of course, the performances should be put in perspective keeping in mind the mediocrity of the opposition, but it was heartening to see the movement and pressing employed, similar to that of the first team.

Also great to see Carletto and Butch in the stands; it really provides motivation for our boys.