• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Karan   
No Nemanja Matic? What's goin on?

The choice for the final spot in the team was between Matic, Ferreira and Belletti. Matic and Ferreira are injured and recovering from injury respectively, so the choice was a fit Belletti. That'd also explain Hutchinson being included on the A-List.

Juni   

If anyone can watch Blues News tonight, can you post what Wilkins says about the CC if there's any new info, and what Drummy says about the academy lads training with Cole and Ferreira?

Can't get CTV on Virgin, wish they allowed UK viewers to subscribe online if they can't get it.

Rhys Taylor, Bruma and Kakuta named on the B-list for the CL.

I would say that I'm surprised that Michael Woods hasn't been named on the B list but given that you can add a player to that list with only 24 hours notice I'm sure the club could add him if they ever thought it necessary.

thanks alot :)

The choice for the final spot in the team was between Matic, Ferreira and Belletti. Matic and Ferreira are injured and recovering from injury respectively, so the choice was a fit Belletti. That'd also explain Hutchinson being included on the A-List.

whats with the curse of incoming players recieving injuries?

not good

Juni   

Stoch says his knee is fine and he's fit for this weekend's internationals. Good good.

Juni   

Jacob Mellis and Adam Phillip have been added to England's Under-19 squad for their match against Russia, according to the Chelsea website.

tyreeq   

Obviously a spin off from the punishment we've been hit with. I posted this in the other thread, but to prevent that thread going off topic, I'll repeat it here:

The outrage/discussion (with respect to the ban) thus far is fair enough and expected, but I think the question is - what exactly do you think should be done (about Youth academies)?

The Lens guy has a point.

What's the point of running a youth academy if they're going to lose players on the cheap before they hit 16?

What safeguards can be put in place to ensure developing clubs are adequately rewarded?

If the incentive isn't there for mid level clubs to develop youth talent, then that's a lot of talent that simply won't be developed and the world of football as a whole will suffer. We may be fans of a now-"big" club, but I would much rather see Chelsea suffer to pay for a functional footballing world.

To be clear, I don't mean with respect to this story, but going forward, I would rather Chelsea/Man U/ Real/Arsenal etc struggle to "steal" the talent they currently do and suffer for it, if that means preventing smaller clubs from jacking in their academies.

We need to see the bigger picture and I hope I'm not alone in saying that we're football fans first and Chelsea fans second.

I haven't given the subject enough thought to construct a post about it right now, but would be interested in reading other people's views on the subject.

tyreeq   

To reply to Juni's initial reply to my comment about football fan before chelsea fan.

I would like to know how much you would enjoy football as a whole if the quality of football decreased significantly. If competition didn't exist. If the rules became a farce. etc etc

I think it's tricky not to get easily blinded by Chelsea-love, but let's not forget the game is football, and its functionality is key to continuing to enjoy the sport.

If the rules changed such that it make like Gaelic football would you all still be huge Chelsea fans? I for one would turn to another sport.

That's why I think perspective is important.

The fine is ridiculous. The ban unprecendented. Something fishy is indeed going on.

But what rules exactly do you think FIFA should put in place to protect clubs like Lens, to ensure they continue to support the world of football in producing young talent that may end up at Chelsea, and increase our enjoyment of watching our club.

Unless you're happy with footballing talent pool drying up and watching what is left of it...

hanuma   

The supposed element of morality here is such a load of bollocks.

Instead of actually reinvesting more of their huge revenue streams into grass-roots development, they decide on quicker media saturation by crucifying everyone's least favourite nouveau riche club.

'The greater good of football' is not best served by the self-interest of Fifa.

But before we get into suggestions as to "what should be done", can we not have a very thorough explanation as to what the exact nature of the problem is. I personally don't see one. The game is bigger than ever, has more players than ever, is growing faster than ever. Tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by hanuma