• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

ish   

you could say that arnesen hasnt done much for the club but thats taking a very short term look at it. He probably helped design the way the youth system is run all the way up from under 12s to reserves. He probably helped bring in 1 or 2 players and I'm guessing he had a big hand in bringing in bosingwa, Ballack, mikel, Kalou, a.Cole, anelka, alex, ivanovic and quite a few on the fringes like matic, stoch, di santo and a couple others. In general arnesen I think is better at spotting if a player can step up and perform well at a level chelsea requires but he isn't so good at finding those special young players who can be world beaters(not many can) and the academy is still a work in progress.

The coaches have been a revolving door with not much in the way of history. The academy will still need to be refined and worked with. In general if you have 1 person comes up through the academy who becomes excellent you have done a good job.

The current batch is interesting. The way I see it the chelsea team are technically better then many of their peers, they play on the ground more and generally have good passing. Compared to lets say other English teams which are more physical. The way I see chelsea is that they are teaching players to play football, if you have innate talent and mental skills they will give you the technical skills. Compared to arsenal who are more about giving athletes the technical skills to be better footballers. I wonder which methodology will win out.

I think arsenal's system means that many of their youth are better then their respective age groups but alot of it might not translate to actual football a good example is wilshire, one of the smallest players in the arsenal youth. That said I think eventually arsenal's youth will produce players more suitable to the EPL, ones that might not be amazing world class beaters but good enough to play at the highest level. Basically they are producing carlton coles. And every so often they might uncover a viera or Drogba.

Chelsea's best youth players now that nouble has gone are nearly all the fast, technical kind of player. More based on technique then physical abiltiy. Since technique at such a young age can't make up for physical dominance quite a few might struggle. The scrap players who can't get up to shape physically(either through fast agile type or strong bruiser type) would need to have very good technical ability to get to a high standard. But every so often a player who has had very good technique training will develop well physically and become great.

I think arsenal's method has a better chance of producing players but chelsea will have a wider pool of players. Its gonna be quality vs quantity. The problem with quantity is their is a limit to it(catchment areas, too many players in all levels, competition from other clubs for best players)

Back to arnesen, I honestly think he hasnt done enough to make up for the wages he gets and **** he pulls but saying he hasnt done anything is false. He probably could be replaced by a better tech director but not very many good ones around. Personally I would have loved to steal the tech director from sevilla.

Juni   

This is all really pissing me off, not just the odious Messrs Lovejoy and Castles, but also the blind attribution of every negative aspect towards Arnesen. I feel like venting but need to be cohesive in it.

Juni   
Why were chelsea wearing training bibs against portsmouth? Does anyone know

Do a little bit of reading here and on the main site and you might just find your answer.

hanuma   
This is all really pissing me off, not just the odious Messrs Lovejoy and Castles, but also the blind attribution of every negative aspect towards Arnesen. I feel like venting but need to be cohesive in it.

It would be a waste of your energy, you're doing a great job revealing and explaining the facts of the matter. Thanks for your article on it too.

ChelC   
to be fair though scapin, liverpool haven't invested the quantity of cash that we've supposedly invested, and neither have they been charged with "robbing" a french academy of its brightest prospect. I certainly dont agree with the content of mr. lovejoy's article, but questions were always going to be asked of the club's academy following the kakuta incident.

any investigation is bound to yield content which will undoubtedly be used to criticize the club further. the media will naturally demand results of mr. arnesen's project, and therefore attention will be cast upon chelsea's academy particularly. it is of paramount importance that, being the most hated club in britain apparently, we do not give these journalists material to hurt us. we constantly do, and thats the problem - not the journalists. it seems that every other month this club is embroiled in a new controversy.

if you want to blame anyone for mr. lovejoy's article, place all the blame at mr. arnesen's feet instead. controversial figures at the club, such as frank arnesen, are responsible for all the negative press which we are forced to endure. atleast the others, such as didier Drogba and peter kenyon, have in some way contributed to our successes both on and off the field. what has mr. arnesen done for the club exactly?

something has to be done. in the past 3 years its been one controversy after another. disagreements between Mourinho and board members, questions surrounding the signing of players, the sacking of Mourinho, avram grant getting the job, lost cup finals, players voicing their discontent rather publicly, the robinho transfer fiasco, phil scolari's dismissal, Drogba's foul-mouthed reaction, the john Terry transfer saga, the frank Lampard transfer saga, and now this tapping up case... the list goes on to be honest. all the cases mentioned above involve didier Drogba, peter kenyon, or frank arnesen in prominent roles. like I said: blame the source instead.

Sorry mate but a very shallow if not moronic view there mate. You seem to naively conclude that because there has been so much controversy its down to people like Arnesen.

Whatever we do, these journos will pounce. its a given. if we fart, they will be on it in a second. All the journos are concentrating on chelsea when there must be an excess of 20 cases that are similar to the kakuta case that has not been taken to FIFA yet.

If you are really blue in everyway you will know that even before RA came along, controversy surrounded the club under Ken Bates and before then it was the our blood thirsty fans that got everybody on our case.

you first issue has been dealt with by Danny. only someone people that has never bothered with youth football will not know that Liverpool has a massive number of foreign kids in their academy and reserves. While we bought DI Santo. they bought the likes of Insua, Leto and El Zhar to name a few. So get your facts right because you stand a good chance of looking like those moronic journalists that are jumping on the band wagon.

with the controversy of the last 3 years! lets look closely

1) Mourinho - A living controversy in himself, he is now with inter and the italian media are dealing with the controversy he creates on a weekly basis.

2) The question surrounding the signings of players is not exclusive to Chelsea. When Man city were trying to tap up JT and MH was even publiclly implying they wanted him. The press were more interested in JT's silence rather than the case of tapping up that they concentrated more on in Lescott's case. Why? because JT's lack of comment on the case was a bigger story because its the possibility of Chelsea losing their star that tickled their moronic and retarded fancies. Ronaldo to Real Madrid, Valencia to Man Utd and co.

I as a chelsea fan is more inclined to wonder why the press have never zoned in on the fact that when Chelsea want a player from any club, most club suddenly value the player differently and demand the heaven and earth. while a different attitude is the case when other clubs go in for the same players.

3) the sacking of Mourinho was never that controversial, it was years in the making. A headstrong coach vs a owner that poured his millions into the club. the press just created there own controversies from the situation by making ridiculous claims like JT got JM the boot and co only to end up apologising when they are threaten with legal action for spouting rubbish

4) Avram getting the job was less controversial than him getting the sack tbh. he got to the CL final didn't he. And I would have personally sacked him for getting close to 3 trophies and missing out on all 3

Wake up and smell the coffee mate. To these journo's, Chelsea is big news and bad news is good news to journo's. Put the 2 together and these idiots will have a field day at our expense.

While chelsea is not a saintly club and we have our dark days, it should be known that we are that club everybody hates mainly because we came from nothing to something in a relatively short period.

Edited by ChelC

Juni   
It would be a waste of your energy, you're doing a great job revealing and explaining the facts of the matter. Thanks for your article on it too.

Perhaps, but the vast majority are still going to read these drivel-filled diatribes and believe them because they haven't got the mental capacity to question them. Of course, there's something to be said for that in that they likely won't know any better/care anyway, but still. Mulling it over whilst compiling a database of Chelsea academy lineups from the last five years, been doing it on and off for a while and discovered some nice archives now.

On that, a team from the opening day of the 2005 Academy season

James Russell

Sam Hutchinson

Michael Mancienne

Jack Cork

Ryan Bertrand

Liam Bridcutt

Jimmy Smith

Dean Furman

Shaun Cummings

Scott Sinclair

James Simmonds

For four years on, that's not too bad. 10 of the 11 have played in the football league (Russell not), six are England youth internationals and four have played in the Premier League. But of course, we're such a pointless and **** academy iirc.

yugam   
Perhaps, but the vast majority are still going to read these drivel-filled diatribes and believe them because they haven't got the mental capacity to question them. Of course, there's something to be said for that in that they likely won't know any better/care anyway, but still. Mulling it over whilst compiling a database of Chelsea academy lineups from the last five years, been doing it on and off for a while and discovered some nice archives now.

On that, a team from the opening day of the 2005 Academy season

James Russell

Sam Hutchinson

Michael Mancienne

Jack Cork

Ryan Bertrand

Liam Bridcutt

Jimmy Smith

Dean Furman

Shaun Cummings

Scott Sinclair

James Simmonds

For four years on, that's not too bad. 10 of the 11 have played in the football league (Russell not), six are England youth internationals and four have played in the Premier League. But of course, we're such a pointless and **** academy iirc.

I can understand your frustration..

the media is full of such hapless people who just want to sell their stuff by doing such ridiculous writing..

on the data that you have mentioned its pretty good that so many of the academy lads have progressed well and 6 players are still with us and many of them have earned moves elsewhere like most recently Cummings,we reached the youth cup final..but such criticism media wont notice that ffs..

the future of the academy looks even brighter with players like Borini,Kakuta,Mellis and all..

the media wont stop until we produce some excellent young player or until we get some players in the first team squad making regular appearances..I think we are getting there and it will happen sooner rather than latter..

Edited by yugam

yugam   
Why were chelsea wearing training bibs against portsmouth? Does anyone know

our away kit clashed with the referee's kit.