• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Jonno   

I'm pretty sure Arsenal released Abeyie st the end of the season.

Freddy Adu will be the main man, he was one of the best players last time he went which was 2 or 3 years ago (or was it four?!?!?). So I'd imagine he will shine considering he has been playing regular football in the MLS.

I'm not sure the youth world cup is that important, in many ways it is a bit like the under 21's. Players may perform on the u21 stage but not have the physical presence to do anything at an older level. Generally, even if you are young, if you are a wonderkid then your going to have made it through some kind of system. Just look at Wayne Rooney.

JMSAndre   

Well, I hope to go and watch some matches. But don't expect anything, even if I spot some talent. I am not privy with RA, PK or JM and eve if so, I don't see a reason for them to follow my advice :)

Wouldn't be surprised that teams from Britain and Ireland don't feature in tournaments like this.

It's proof that you really can't really too heavily on English talent to compete at the top anymore - Chelsea have the cream of the crop (Terry, Lampard, Cole, Duff and possibly Bridge) and 4 or 5 players in the team from England / Ireland is a very good ratio to have.

Hopefully this will be the start of things to come. A club of our size to have a youth team that has won not won bugger all in 44 years is not very good. The winds are a changing.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=...onds+1&nav=news

Can the site use it's influence to get the official site paying more attention to this stuff ? I think it would be positive for everyone.