• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

can anyone who watched the game please give me the formation in midfield? who was AM,DM,RM,LM?

Via Chelsea TV:

Diamond formation but I detected straight 4-4-2 at times.

AM=Mceachran, DM=Conor Clifford, LM=Matic, RM=Jacopo Sala.

Good game, we played much better than Arsenal's game, West Ham's defence was shockingly poor though.

I have to say from what I've observed, I think Borini is more promising than Sturridge. Borini's first touch was absolutely fantastic. His dribbling skill and pass skill was very good as well.

I won't be surprise to see Borini breaks into our first team ealier than Sturridge.

Juni   

I don't think West Ham's defence was that bad. They had an international centre-back alongside a big, powerful defender even if he's not the best himself. Quashie was protecting, he's experienced, but we made them look bad.

Really, really encouraged with Holland as a manager btw. He has his ideas but he knows the most important thing is the system, the tactic and the role the individual plays for their future progression. It was no more evident than with Sala last night, Jaco stuck to every word Holland gave him and he was oustanding.

Cameron   
I have to say from what I've observed, I think Borini is more promising than Sturridge. Borini's first touch was absolutely fantastic. His dribbling skill and pass skill was very good as well.

I won't be surprise to see Borini breaks into our first team ealier than Sturridge.

Personally I thought Sturridge played better than Borini last night. Both were pretty wasteful at times. But Sturridge completely rattled their defence, couldn't cope with him throughout and caused constant problems for them. Borini I thought was much quieter, although he took his first goal well and his second was excellent.

I'd say Sturridge is much more prepared for the PL than Borini is, especially the physical side of it.

I don't think West Ham's defence was that bad. They had an international centre-back alongside a big, powerful defender even if he's not the best himself. Quashie was protecting, he's experienced, but we made them look bad.

Really, really encouraged with Holland as a manager btw. He has his ideas but he knows the most important thing is the system, the tactic and the role the individual plays for their future progression. It was no more evident than with Sala last night, Jaco stuck to every word Holland gave him and he was oustanding.

Another one was Jiminez, who had absolutely no fun against Gordon all night, surprisingly.

Juni   
Photos from last night's excellent performance now posted - here.

Superb stuff Dan. Some great stuff of Borini.

Superb stuff Dan. Some great stuff of Borini.

Thanks Phil - he was kind enough to come and celebrate his two goals right in front of me, so I couldn't miss could I (kind of an open goal for me!)?

Will the Reserve highlights pop up on Youtube today? I was dissapointed they didn't show Alex's goal on SKY. They showed a few clips last week or so of both J Cole's and Bullard's reserve games...

Juni   

They're all (along with Philliskirk) in the CL squad, so it makes sense.

Really happy for Ahmed though, he's a player who really intrigues me. Will go into detail at some point soon, not sure it's just him, might be a piece I do on the site.