• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

Missing a coupla key players but more solid than anything. Disappointed we didn't score given their defence isn't great.

What the supposed (unconfirmed) team does though is reveal the likely XI for the Charlton Cup game:

Haxhia, B. Clifford, Bruma, Mills, Knott, C. Clifford, McEachran, Sala, Gokhan Tore, Lalkovic, Mitrovic

and that is a bloody strong team

db12d1   

It strange that in addition to the usual three, Bruma, Kakuta and Borini, Ancelotti named Ahamed and Philliskirk. I saw in Friday Philliskirk in training (or at least I pretty sure it was him).

I think it could be down to that they both the only players eligible for List B, although C Clifford and Sala are in their third year but there could be some technical problems during their first year with their registration so that is why they aren't eligible. Or Ancelotti rate them both.

Juni   

Yeah that's Philliskirk, and yeah it's a bit weird, but I think it's because they're both quite good with the ball and in Philliskirk's case particularly, he gets it tactically. Ahmed offers versatility and some skill but I've never seen him as one who would make it, except I can't figure out why, because most of the time he does a good, solid job.

ChelC   

Missing a coupla key players but more solid than anything. Disappointed we didn't score given their defence isn't great.

What the supposed (unconfirmed) team does though is reveal the likely XI for the Charlton Cup game:

Haxhia, B. Clifford, Bruma, Mills, Knott, C. Clifford, McEachran, Sala, Gokhan Tore, Lalkovic, Mitrovic

and that is a bloody strong team

Strong team up top yes, but that defence will be subseptible to conceeding goals. Haxhia can be erractic with his handling (take it Sam Walker is still injured). But at a second glance. That defence can be very strong if the two big guys at the back dont have off days. Mills on his day looks immense and Bruma didn't look out of place in rhe first team.

By the way where are those folks that have being crucifying Arnesen and the academy.

Juni   

In the latest Chelsea official magazine Lalkovic mentions that he's trained some ten times with the first team, to add to the list who've been called in for that purpose. Always good.

ChelC   

Things are looking good from a youth development perspective these days.

From the older batch, with good management and development and improvement fom the boys. Di santo, Mancienne looks like they can make the final transition to squad players. Sinclairs seemingly failed loan looks like the final straw and Sam Hutchinson's injuries might end his hopes. Cork might also get a shot if he comes back on loan in January as he will be the only natural DM we have in the squad if we dont buy. Bertrand will need a loan to a EPL as long as Zhirkov is around and P Van Aanholt is one step behind Bertrand

Younger batch - Kakuta, borini and bruma might get blooded more next season

Things are looking good from a youth development perspective these days.

From the older batch, with good management and development and improvement fom the boys. Di santo, Mancienne looks like they can make the final transition to squad players. ...

Mancienne is 22 next month. We shipped out Huth days after his 22nd. Are you that confident that he is going to make it at Chelsea? I'd have said that this season has been disappointing relative to expectations. Good enough for Wolves, but he hasn't stood out as a class apart.

hanuma   

I don't think Mancienne stands a chance with us, admittedly never have, just had most suspicions confirmed at Wolves so far. Similar with Sinclair. Hutchinson was also never likely to be good enough.

Before he went on loan I thought Di Santo should have stuck around with Pizarro going, giving us another targetman option. Wish I'd seen more of him at Blackburn so far. 6'4", wiry strength, smart and very fast, always caused problems as a substitute; a much quicker Tore Andre Flo. He could make it.

Still not totally convinced that Bruma is going to be a full time centreback. But athletically superb and technically much better this year than last. Borini and Kakuta the opposite, always technically excellent, and clinical, but seem to have added muscle that could really help any transition. All stand a good chance.

Not remotely convinced by Rajkovic, and although Stoch has done everything right since joining Twente he's not as talented as Kakuta, nor does he fit easily into any position in the diamond, so he might end up a good player (not outstanding) but probably not for us.

Cork just isn't talented enough, and far too inexperienced to hold the midfield for us. V-Aanholt is a hopeless defender, Bertrand not a good enough defender to justify his lack of attacking ability.