• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I find the Van Aanholt decision a bit strange, unless a Premiership loan has been lined up.

On this, and to follow up on another excellent piece from Juni, I'm quite surprised that van Aanholt has been called back and Cork hasn't. From what I've heard Cork has been the more impressive of the two and I'd hoped that he might be the one to find a Premiership loan. I can't understand any other reason for Patrick coming back, surely it would be pointless to send him to another Championship team and it's not as if he's needed in the first team squad.

On the other reserve team loanees:

Bridcutt: I'd actually thought he was doing quite well at Stockport. I'd always seen him in the category of loan: hoping for a permenant move so it's a shame this hasn't worked out. Hopefully he can get another loan and sort himself out a contract for next season.

Taiwo/Ofori-Twumasi: Two others that must surely be looking to move to another club full-time from next season, if Taiwo has interest from elsewhere then good for him.

Mellis: It hasn't worked for him at Southampton, he rarely played in his favourite position, but he's still a player with a lot of potential so hopefully we'll find somewhere more suitable for him.

Bertrand: A whole season will be great for him, he's obviously a good Championship player but you can't see him getting a chance with us anytime soon.

Juni   

Bridcutt: I'd actually thought he was doing quite well at Stockport. I'd always seen him in the category of loan: hoping for a permenant move so it's a shame this hasn't worked out. Hopefully he can get another loan and sort himself out a contract for next season.

He started well, but a Stockport fan tells me this:

"When he first came he looked the business. A class above. Broke play up (some games every opposition attack seemed to be broken up by him) and sprayed some quality passes around.

Recently though he has looked very poor - not interested and very lazy with his passing, giving the ball away a lot and seemingly losing concentration. Still breaking play up well, though not nearly as much as when he first joined. I don't know whether to put this downturn in his form down to his confidence in his team, or personal arrogance of his ability, or maybe a bit of both... "

He's injured atm but that coincides with his loan expiring and with Stockport selling their best player next week and 11 straight defeats, Chelsea might reckon he's better elsewhere.

ish   

whatever happened to Jhon Pírez? he was meant to be a new scholar as well but I haven't heard his name been mentioned in a while.

yugam   

Am under the impression that one had already been done.

The Official website still states him as a Scout..

Gilvorak   

Who would you guys say are the Top 5 youth players at the club (or on loan).

Would anybody disagree with this order?

1. Kakuta

2. Sturridge

3. Stoch

4. Mancienne

5. Cork

Juni   

Kakuta, McEachran, Tore, Bruma, then one from a cluster of others.

Am basing that largely on ability rather than whether they have consistently impressed.

Who would you guys say are the Top 5 youth players at the club (or on loan).

Would anybody disagree with this order?

1. Kakuta

2. Sturridge

3. Stoch

4. Mancienne

5. Cork

I would deffinetely have to have Jeffrey Bruma in there at the moment. One of my favourite players, really hoping he makes the grade with us over the coming seasons.