• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

yugam   

The coach just said that they didn't know yet. Sounds like they took him off as a precaution.

Thanks,yeah it looks like a precaution..

jabi   

firstly,

Hi Guys, I'm from Germany and 23 years old, a Chelsea-follower since 1998 when they beat stuttgart in the final.

I have a question about Kaby, why isn't he playing in the reserves, I think he's someone like Kakuta, he could be the next big hit in terms of style and flair he has great vision, passing and skills on the ball, I think he's ready for the next step in our Reserves at the tender age of 17, I'm bsolutely confident he's ready for that, so are Mc Eachran and Clifford, I think Kaby can play on any Position in the Diamond, even the holding one, Eachran can play on the right/left or DM, anc Connor can play on the thop either left/right of the Diamond.

I think Kaby has meade a great progress since last year when he was injured so often...

what are your thoughts on that?

hi,

I don't really know our reserves well,

but I think if coaches see that he's good enough to break into first-team, then he will be given a chance.

I hope Kaby will be good enough soon, but first let's see someone breaking into first team as a regular player. (Matic?Sturridge?Kakuta?Bruma?)

ish   

hi,

I don't really know our reserves well,

but I think if coaches see that he's good enough to break into first-team, then he will be given a chance.

I hope Kaby will be good enough soon, but first let's see someone breaking into first team as a regular player. (Matic?Sturridge?Kakuta?Bruma?)

kaby isn't even close to first team, many other players ahead of him. not the worst player technically and his vision and power have improved since he joined. honestly he has done very well since he joined but players like mceachran and tore are closer to first team then kaby is. still early days though and at this age he can still improve drastically, especially if he grows up a bit more. I think he is still a little slow to be an effective player so high up the pitch.

The majority opinion here is astounding. Imagine for a moment that Terry had been lured away by Manchester United at 16 or 17, and was now Mr. Manchester and their captain and the rock on which their multiple title winning squad was built. Would you think it acceptable that Chelsea had gotten nothing despite investing in training John for nearly four years? No it can't be right and the truth is someone needs to pay for the cost of training these youngsters. If the training club is hindered from recouping their investment by selling the player or have him play for their team then their is less incentive for clubs to train players.

If JT signed with United, so be it. Thing as, at that age they wouldn't have been very interested in him. He was quite unremarkable at that age.

What you're missing is the solidarity payments and training compensation that are established as part of Uefa rules and you may notice that the figures mean that Chelsea's offer was in excess of what was demanded under Uefa's rules. While holding out for over 4m Lens actually received less from Chelsea through Uefa than Chelsea had offered.

By definition, then, Chelsea's offer was more than fair.

Cracking strike by Clifford who continues to be a threat from long range. Of the little that I've seen of him, he looks to be one of the better midfielders among our youth. Perhaps a move up to the first team by next season following the lead of Bruma, Kakuta, and Borini?