• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

nateevs   

I don't really think Clifford is there yet. He seems to me very similar to Jacopo Sala in style. They are not not very neat on the ball like Matic, Borini and Kakuta are. They (Conor and Jacopo) both are very loose with the ball and hence concede a lot of possesion every time I see them play. These are some of the many qualities Carllotti will be looking for in the lads. One thing that clearly separated Matic, Borini and Kakuta from a whole lot more is the way they touch the ball. Italians like good technique on the ball.

One player that will blow up if he continues to grow like he has been is Kaby. He has great technique and good control. To be honest, Tore is the closest to having cameos in the first team. If we are going to be playing with width sometimes, I am looking forward to the future seeing Stoch on the right and Tore on the left.

In all, the academy has surpassed expectation so far. The next step is to have a youngster pin down a shirt in the first team and it'll be job done.

Good times at Chelsea.

kaby isn't even close to first team, many other players ahead of him. not the worst player technically and his vision and power have improved since he joined. honestly he has done very well since he joined but players like mceachran and tore are closer to first team then kaby is. still early days though and at this age he can still improve drastically, especially if he grows up a bit more. I think he is still a little slow to be an effective player so high up the pitch.

I didn't say that, I 've only said he has the potential to be as an flair player as Kakuta, and he was outstanding alongside with connor clifford and Tore in te FA YC.

I wanted him to play in the Reserves cause I think he's ready for this next step and not the first team...

ish   

movement of u18 wont make too much of a problem. The rules would be a player can't be registered to the team till he is 18 or some bullshit. Buy him at 16 the club lets him move to England because his father was offered a job near cobham or someshit, he trains at chelsea but doesnt play any games. it would be within the rules as long as the original club plays along and formally releases the player which they need to do anyway because he is a minor and under no contract....which in turn leads to...

my response to ejspencers thing on the acceptance of rules and regulations to fifa. yes chelsea need to accept the rules of fifa but only what is written, since their is nothing on the movement of amateurs between countries or clubs then fifa really has no say in the chelsea ban. add to it the simple fact that by banning chelsea they have let the french football associations own laws to supercede that of fifa and the English football association and the ban becomes a very interesting case. At kakuta's age he can't sign a contract, he has no legal obligation to do so either. Even if his mother or father signed it in his place the rules of the French FA would only be enforcable if he moves within france, which kakuta didn't.

its like asking the spanish league to have the same transfer and player registration rules as the English which doesnt make sense.

But thats a little off topic. Simply put the entire problem with the whole movement of u18s is to do with protecting middle class football teams. It has no benefit to players, rich teams, or the very poor. They talk about uprooting players and such and such. The simple fact is the majority of footballers are u18 that are any good are uprooted from their families anyway. The way catchment in brazil works is that a bunch of young players try out for brazilian clubs and some get chosen, they then get placed into dorms and generally stay at the club for most of the year. usually in little shitholes. look at the doco with robinho in it to show what football in brazil is like. a 16 year old brazilian comes here, has better accomodation, might have his family moved and have better safer lives and thats a bad thing?? for the poorer countries movement of minors is no problem, go to any 2nd or 3rd world country, plenty of kids on the street working to support their families as the primary bread earner. Football is a career and should be treated as one, not some bullshit amateur ideal that doesnt exist.

I've heard that we're playing Portsmouth in the Youth Cup at Stamford Bridge. Free admission aswell. Anyone know what stand/tier they open for these games?

toheeb27   

Just watched the highlight of the Nottingham game, omg, Gokhan Tore is the goods man. The boy was doing it all. I am impressed.