• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

Two things

- Josh McEachran has the number 51 shirt now

- Tom Hayden has left the club early, 5 months before his scholarship expired. As the only scholar taking a full set of A Levels he is pursuing a career in academics, specifically sports science. Good luck to him.

ChelC   

Two things

- Josh McEachran has the number 51 shirt now

- Tom Hayden has left the club early, 5 months before his scholarship expired. As the only scholar taking a full set of A Levels he is pursuing a career in academics, specifically sports science. Good luck to him.

Not too suprised that josh has caught the attention of the first team, but I have a feeling someone needs to have a word in his hear as his form as dipped lately. He also has a couple of things to work on most notably physical attributes.

Shame about Hayden was always a decent player but never spectacular in any regards and has seemed always dedicated to his studies.

I wonder if anyone will be able to stream the game tonight?

Juni   

Wouldn't say Josh's form has dipped any more than most players if at all. Just part of the ups and downs of a young teenager's career but that said I haven't seen him play really badly. On Saturday he was impressive and looked the maturest player on the park, interested to see how he plays at the Bridge tonight.

yugam   

Chelsea have entered the last eight of the FA Youth Cup by beating Portsmouth today at Stamford Bridge.The final score was 1-0 with the goal coming from Conor Clifford..

Marwan   

Chelsea have entered the last eight of the FA Youth Cup by beating Portsmouth today at Stamford Bridge.The final score was 1-0 with the goal coming from Conor Clifford..

I watched the game and I have to say that I was impressed with Josh McEachran. Apart from the physical aspects, I think he is as talented as they can get. What a talent! he run the show in the middle of the pack and his passing is top notch. Deen Conteh had a solid game too and C.Clifford has Lampard written all over him with his style. Billy Clifford is actually more talented than I thought. He could turn out to be a very useful right back for us in future. Tore too has romise and so is Kaby. Mitrovic didn't have a good game while Sala had a good game in patches.

I don't see why people give Arnesen alot of stick because I think out academy is looking good.

Zoffie   

The kid is what... 16. You can understand if he's not a machine on form, we've heard good things about him, I've never seen him play.

So what's the fuss about, what is he like a Scholes?.. and being better than your youth team peers doesn't translate into future first XI for a team like Chelsea, even now our youth team is 10X better, what are his chances at this point from a scale of 0-10.

ChelC   

I watched the game and I have to say that I was impressed with Josh McEachran. Apart from the physical aspects, I think he is as talented as they can get. What a talent! he run the show in the middle of the pack and his passing is top notch. Deen Conteh had a solid game too and C.Clifford has Lampard written all over him with his style. Billy Clifford is actually more talented than I thought. He could turn out to be a very useful right back for us in future. Tore too has romise and so is Kaby. Mitrovic didn't have a good game while Sala had a good game in patches.

I don't see why people give Arnesen alot of stick because I think out academy is looking good.

Pleasing to know Josh had a good game, the kid is technically advanced beyond his years. His simple style is so effective. However he will need to bulk up a bit to avoid getting out muscled in highly physical games.

With regards to Arnesen, its only those with an agenda and those that still have the Spurs link on their mind that slaughter him. there is so much he can do without having to play the kids himself.

The kid is what... 16. You can understand if he's not a machine on form, we've heard good things about him, I've never seen him play.

So what's the fuss about, what is he like a Scholes?.. and being better than your youth team peers doesn't translate into future first XI for a team like Chelsea, even now our youth team is 10X better, what are his chances at this point from a scale of 0-10.

I’ve seen McEachran play a fair number of times. It’s a bit difficult to judge him at this point because, physically, he really is underdeveloped. This means he tends to dip in and out of games but the moments when he does, you can tell his technique is brilliant.

He’s not blessed with Lennon-esqe pace or the biggest of frames. At this stage, his best attribute is his brain. He seems to know when to dribble and when to keep it simple. He seems to have a good eye for threading the needle type passes as well. He’s a playmaker in the making and I would say he has every chance of making it at Chelsea.

He reminds of a cross between Wilshere and Gareth Barry.