• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Atr   

On the Josh stuff, I know people read stuff a lot and it's always very very dearly welcomed, I just didn't want to come across as know-it-all on him as I know a lot of people have a lot of very good views on him and know their stuff as well. More that I selfishly wanted to write something and wondered if it was worth it :D

The efforts of posters as yourself and others on the youth and reserves are very much appreciated! Living across the pond, I get most of my information and analysis about them here. It really helps me form a closer connection with the club on more levels than the first team. The recurring theme I understand is that Josh is a marvelous player in the making.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Shead   

The efforts of posters as yourself and others on the youth and reserves are very much appreciated! Living across the pond, I get most of my information and analysis about them here. It really helps me form a closer connection with the club on more levels than the first team. The recurring theme I understand is that Josh is a marvelous player in the making.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

I was at the game the other night and was really excited by the amount of good English players in that side although I thought Clifford was the pick on the night. Josh reminds me a bit of a cross between a Fabregas and Jimmy Bullard, that might not seem very flattering but Bullard is a class act when the poor bugger isn't injured. Its too soon to tell whether he will carry that ability through to senior football but his abilty to relax and recieve the ball when tightly marked should take him a long way. He has a fantastic football brain. My all time Chelsea Hero was Hudson (From a pure football point of view) He was not big built but could keep hold of the ball and make space like that in an era when defenders came right through the back. As a nation we seem to be able to produce decent defenders and midfield players but with the exception of Rooney we don't seem to be producing any world class forwards. We have one English forward at the club. Anybody know what happened to a kid called Freddie Champion. He played for me as a ten year old is he still at Chelsea?

ish   

I think forwards are hard to come by, it seems you need a certain enviroment, mentality and skill set to really work as a forward.

people seem to keep saying mceachran is deceptively quick, too me he seems like the average speed of a normal footballer. he isn't stoch, kakuta or a.phillip quick in my mind which is fast, he is more all rounder level, fast enough surely. I think wilshire seems faster because he is agile and has good acceleration. josh seems to be a player who might settle deeper in the park, playing a more composed roles in central midfield then in true attack. I remember chelsea were playing him as DM at one stage how did he do there.

any ideas on who might be getting offers from the younger age groups, I'm guessing chalobah is a shoe in at the moment

Juni   

Chalobah and John Swift have been mentioned by Drummy directly and Todd Kane and Jamal Blackman have been unused subs so far.

The u18s drew 1-1 at Palace today and I reckon at least one of them will have played, the FAYC being just Thursday night.

dooder12   

Juni,

I'm how you'd compare Sergio Tejera and Josh McEachran. Do you think Sergio left a bit too soon. Also what of Sam Hutchinson? I know he had a injury in November but there's bit little mention of him on the official site.

Thanks

Zoffie   

Anybody seen a lot of Jack Cork, he is a mystery to me...

People rated Mancienne, and for my money he was calamitous, so if anybody has an unbias, straight and authentic opinion on him, that'll be welcomed.