• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

We're playing 4-3-3 again at Under-18 level..... Plus the players have been playing this system at the club since they arrived (and that goes for the home-produced ones, JM introduced it in 2004 and McEachran was 11 then).

Kind of - but JM started with 442 and reverted back to it before the end of his 2nd season. He was never committed to it - just Duff and Robben forced it upon him.

Is it true that the reserves and youth played 433 consistently for the last 5 years?

hanuma   

Is it true that the reserves and youth played 433 consistently for the last 5 years?

Juni will be able to give a more detailed answer, but the basic answer to that is yes. Triangle midfield with two wingers and a lone striker, ala Robben/Duff or Duff/J.Cole with Jose.

Juni   

I'm not some agent/ scout if that's what you're thinking!

just obsessed with youth football lol

Oh I know, but some info doesn't exactly get reported widely, maybe it's a facebook thing or people you know, just interested really :D We all have our ways.

Juni   

Kind of - but JM started with 442 and reverted back to it before the end of his 2nd season. He was never committed to it - just Duff and Robben forced it upon him.

JM started with 4-4-2 because of injuries really, he wanted to use Robben and Duff but couldn't because they weren't fit. But that's essentially beside the point. When the 4-3-3 became mot du jour at the club it was rolled out down the levels to ingrain it in the player from a young age. Not necessarily because of the chances of the first team keeping it long term, but it's a versatile setup which can instill various skills and disciplines in a player.

To try and force the current academy squad into a 4-4-2 would be a bit pointless - the reserves have the variation to really try it and have a trequartista in Kakuta, but the Under-18s aren't set up for that at all.

ChelC   

JM started with 4-4-2 because of injuries really, he wanted to use Robben and Duff but couldn't because they weren't fit. But that's essentially beside the point. When the 4-3-3 became mot du jour at the club it was rolled out down the levels to ingrain it in the player from a young age. Not necessarily because of the chances of the first team keeping it long term, but it's a versatile setup which can instill various skills and disciplines in a player.

To try and force the current academy squad into a 4-4-2 would be a bit pointless - the reserves have the variation to really try it and have a trequartista in Kakuta, but the Under-18s aren't set up for that at all.

rom memory, I think we have always tried to roll the formations the other levels play down from the first team. If I am not making things up, I think even the under 18s have played the diamond formation a few times in the earlier part of the season. not sure but I think I remember Dermot talking about how they had to change the formation.

I think it mostly down to the players they have available @ under 18s, when they came up to ipswich earlier in the year, they went with the diamond with Mitrovic and devyne up top.. but on that day they were missing two natural wingers in Lalkovic and Tore.

Juni   

18s won 2-1 tonight, last minute winner. Know nothing else, Norwich site has a brief piece up.

ChelC   

http://www.eurosport.se/fotboll/premier-league/2009-2010/svensk-talang-til-chelsea_sto2227917/story.shtml

We signed Amin Affane, 16 year old Swedish center midfield, in 3 year contract.

translation

The 16-year old Swedish super talent Amin Affan has signed for Chelsea. Inner Midfielder has signed a three year contract with a large club. "It felt absolutely right directly," said his agent, Adnan Huseincehajic to eurosport.se.

Super Talent Amin Affan has been chased by many clubs across Europe. But after meeting Chelsea so the choice was easy for 16-year-old.

- He has had a number of Premier League clubs and a Dutch club after him. Then there is also three of Sweden's biggest clubs have been in contact with him. But in all honesty, it was never up to date with anything else because he decided to Chelsea early on. They have been as professional as you would expect of a storklubb says Affan agent Adnan Huseincehajic to eurosport.se.

Affan is a standby skilled offensive inside midfielder with a sharp left foot. He is fast, technical and often shows up a good Spelförståelse.

- It's wonderful that he gets this chance, he has worked hard and deserves this contract. Despite his young age, he is responsive and now he is great potential to continue to evolve, "says Huseincehajic.

Affan has played in Lärje-Angered the past few years. He is also resident in the Swedish P94-squad. The contract with Chelsea is at three years and he will join the club's football academy.

hanuma   

Bruma, Matic, Kakuta & Borini on the bench today. Expect the MDT to be 60% moaning about them not being put on at half time, irrelevant of the score/performance.