• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Cameron   

Big shout to Rohan Ince too, pretty bad first leg but thought he was excellent yesterday. Arguably outshone Bruma.

Zoffie   

Rohan Ince got away with a lot of stuff, he wouldn't have been able to if we were up against better opposition, but, he ended up having a good game.

Bruma is immense, you could tell he was a level above everyone else on our team.

Juni   

Big shout to Rohan Ince too, pretty bad first leg but thought he was excellent yesterday. Arguably outshone Bruma.

Absolutely, he had a great second half. Drummy has mentioned how he bollocked him at half time and it paid off big time.

I celebrated Conor's goal as much as I have any first team goal this season I think. What a great occasion.

Cameron   

Rohan Ince got away with a lot of stuff, he wouldn't have been able to if we were up against better opposition, but, he ended up having a good game.

Bruma is immense, you could tell he was a level above everyone else on our team.

First half a couple of things, but Bruma wasn't 'perfect' either. He is on another level to the rest of the team, he's had first team experience which I suppose adds pressure if people are expecting a perfect display. He was the main man in the defence, and was assured as level but I wouldn't say he didn't make a couple of errors, as did almost everyone. Having the likes of JT and Alex next to him as he develops into a first team player will help him no end though.

Awesome result. The FA Youth Cup is huge. Brilliant that we now seem to have kids that we can really bring on. I hear great things about Bruma especially.

Let's hope the first team can do the business in similar style!

Well done the boys!! :D

Delighted the goals finally arrived because Chelsea were the much better side but I did start to worry it just wasn't going to happen for them.

Last time I saw the youth team was against Portsmouth a few months back and they've come on leaps and bounds. As recently as February they looked like a collection of talented individuals with little team awareness, but they looked like an actual side yesterday. McEachran, Clifford and Bruma have all rightly been praised, but the number 2 (who I think may have been the other Clifford?) was also outstanding.

Being sat in MHL last night just made me wish I'd been able to get tickets for there or the Shed on Sunday. Don't want to be stuck in East Upper when the senior lads do their lap!

Everything about yesterday was great. Atmosphere, pre-drinks at the SO with singing, familiar faces everywhere which meant we could re-live our highes from the weekend and 10,000+ I the stands. Awesome! So chuffed for the lads. I've been to 4 of the games in the Youth cup this season and this was the best I've seen them. They completely outclassed Villa technically and playing wise it was a much wider gulf between the teams than the scoreline reveals. However, Villa were, much like their first team, very stern in defence and dangerous on the break. Just so glad Clifford got that second in the fashion he did because I'd be robbery if we lost. Some noteworthy performances from RB Billy Clifford, CB Jeffrey Bruma, CMs Connor Clifford and Kaby, RW Jacopo Sala while AM Josh McEachran was different class from everybody else. What a player.

On a sidenote. It's quite clear that Bruma is taking onboard alot from Terry. Leadership and how he drives on the team. He will become a regular first team player at Chelsea - no doubt.

Now we must focus on the Wigan game but it sure was a good start to the week!

Josh McEachran....what a performance! Gosh I'm pleased as punch for our future...Josh McEachran, Connor Clifford, Marko Mitrovic, Jeffrey Bruma, Fabio Borini, Patrick Van Aanholt, Gokhan Tore, Miroslav Stoch, Daniel Sturridge, Gael Kakuta....we have a stellar bunch. Let's hope they all fulfill their potential!

We sure do have a bunch of quality youngsters coming through. Many have the potential to succeed at the highest level but it is an entirely different matter alltogether if they actually go on to do it. But I'd be very surprised if Josh McEachran haven't featured atleast once for the first team in a proper game within two years. The lad is immense and I agree with Dermot, he is a player worth paying for to watch. What skills; his movement, intelligence and his passing. This exactly whay we need in the first team, this sort of player who can open up things from the middle with real flair. But surely it is much too soon as he needs to build up his physique in order to be able to compete fully.

Only saw second half, great performance, what a winner from clifford. Josh Mc was very impressive, hope he will be training with the first team next year with the other 5 mentioned by CA.

He is already together with Mitrovic and some other players from this team as well. Not every day but quite regularly if we understood Mitrovic correctly after the youth game against Cardiff two weekends ago.

25 mins of highlights here (may be UK only). If you do nothing else, then I urge you to scroll to 21 mins and listen to the gloriously biased commentary from the ChelseaTV boys as Connor strikes the winner.

If anyone has highlights of any type, I would love to see them.

I am so excited about our talented youth players. Josh sounds a bit like Wilshere. I haven't seen him play, but the descriptions could easily be about Wilshere. Any similarity between the two? With the advancing years of Carvalho, Ferreira, Belletti, Ballack, Deco and Anelka (I won't include Drogba and Lampard because I believe they are going to go on and on for years to come), there are bound to be several positions opening up shortly. My ideal situation is for the club to identify the top talents and get them training with the first team and playing in the Carling Cup. Loans don't seem to have been of particular benefit.

Exact comparison imo - Wilshere - without the little bit of (arsenal) attitude and dodgy temprement which afflicts the aforementioned. Another year or two, the comparison might be with Iniesta or Xavi.. I think he could be that good...

Extended highlights here - about 25 mins.

http://www.thefa.com/video/FA-Competitions/FA-Youth-Cup/Chelsea-2-1-Aston-Villa