• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   

Stoch agrees a four-year deal with Fenerbahce. Bollocks.

Good for him.

He has made his career in Belgium and with his national teams. He has played a total of 44 mins for Chelsea. As a small speedy winger, he is probably not too far from his peak at 20.

And he is no further away from home in Instanbul than he was in Surrey.

Did anyone really think he would get used next season?

Cameron   

I'm also disappointed, but I imagine your frustration is far greater having watched him closely coming through the ranks. I think he got everyone excited in his cameo spells I the 08/09 season, he changed the dynamic of the Watford FA Cup game and I think it was the game at home to Stoke where he injected some much needed urgency. Then has a succesful loan move, and we're quick to cash in on him. Really disappointing - I thought our youth system was about trying to get young players into the first team squad at Chelsea...

Cameron   

I thought he would have been involved - more than just a few cameo appearances here and there but a good 10-15 games altogether. He's had a good loan move in Holland, is likely to start for a very decent Slovakian side in South Africa (and is probably one of the youngest likely starters this WC) and we do have a shortage of wingers at Chelsea.

We may have got a small fee for him now, but perhaps it would have been better to risk that fee, give him an opportunity next season to impress - if he doesn't and goes on a free at the end of his contract then fine, we've missed out on a relatively small fee we could have got this summer. If he does work out, and impresses Ancelotti etc I'm sure we could have offered him a very good contract renewal in the latter stages of the season.

We may have got a small fee for him now, but perhaps it would have been better to risk that fee, give him an opportunity next season to impress - if he doesn't and goes on a free at the end of his contract then fine, we've missed out on a relatively small fee we could have got this summer. If he does work out, and impresses Ancelotti etc I'm sure we could have offered him a very good contract renewal in the latter stages of the season.

It would also have cost say £1m in wages for a WC player, and space for the next young player. And then, despite the hype, CA really has not shown any willingness to blood even the likes of Sturridge.

And on wages, if he had returned, would he still have been on his old contract or would he have to be rewarded with a 3 year contract on new terms. That could cost us £3m if we couldn't shift him. Anyone remember Mark Nicholls and David Lee?

yugam   

And on wages, if he had returned, would he still have been on his old contract or would he have to be rewarded with a 3 year contract on new terms. That could cost us £3m if we couldn't shift him. Anyone remember Mark Nicholls and David Lee?

He was offered a new contract in February but he declined to sign on at the point. He was obviously looking for regular football, which he wasn't guaranteed here, so this was bound to happen unless he was given reassurances by Carlo.

He was offered a new contract in February but he declined to sign on at the point. He was obviously looking for regular football, which he wasn't guaranteed here, so this was bound to happen unless he was given reassurances by Carlo.

Thanks for that info. Had he signed that contract, perhaps a fee would have been higher, but I guess that Stoch is better off this way.

ChelC   

Good for him.

He has made his career in Belgium and with his national teams. He has played a total of 44 mins for Chelsea. As a small speedy winger, he is probably not too far from his peak at 20.

And he is no further away from home in Instanbul than he was in Surrey.

Belguim???????

am I missing something or have you just frankensteined Mbark and Stoch

Edited by ChelC