• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

> "Lee Sawyer scored one of the goals of the season as the young Lions blew away the Dutch on Tuesday night.

In front of a bumper crowd at Yeovil, the Chelsea midfielder cracked home a stunning 40 yard volley to send England 2-1 up after Nick Kuiper had cancelled out Febian Brandy's opener."

Great stuff for Lee, he's had some struggles and after his first Chelsea goal at the weekend has now made a massive impact for England. Top effort.

Hutch and Sinclair played the entire 90.

Here's the FA match report for the game:

http://www.thefa.com/England/U18s/NewsAndF...llandYeovil.htm

Hutchinson gets a special mention for having played particularly well, imagine this fits with the reports that Mourinho is cultivating him as one for the future.

hanuma   
Nevertheless we have thrown out established full internationals at 22, like Robert Huth, so judging a player who has managed on sub appearance for us by the age of 20 can't be too hard. 20/21 and maximum 22 is the traditional chucking out stage for the better youngsters.

In some cases I'd have no problem chucking them out at 19, they just simply look inadequate (Younghusband, Pettigrew etc). The club do seem to have a different policy and we do seem to have a better quality of youth player now, so it's probably justified that we give relatively inexperienced players a bit longer to prove themselves. Similar to Utd I think.

NateDoGG   

I'd really like to see the video of Sawyer's goal. But I can't find it anywhere on the net!

yaya   

Ben Sahar scored TWO goals today. he came in as a 67th minute substitute for the Israeli senior national team.

I guess he is giving Jose more reasons why he should be part of the first team next season

hanuma   

Congratulations to Ben, but I wish it was against someone better than Estonia...then we could probably make something of it.

Juni   

Can only score against who you play, especially as a 17 year old international. How many 17 year olds even play for their country?

yaya   
Congratulations to Ben, but I wish it was against someone better than Estonia...then we could probably make something of it.

well, Johnson and Bent play against estonia next? right? lets see them score a hat-trick each.