• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Cameron   

What I've loved about Borini when playing in the first team is his (often untracked) runs through but presumably if he ever gets very good these will be prioritised to be tracked down. I think he is a decent player, but really needs a loan move.

Cheers!

I thought you meant up at CFCnet. No wonder I didn't find it!

EDIT: Good read by the way!

Edited by David80

Glencoe   

I felt Borini was superb though, his movement and positioning was brilliant

Totally agree. He has fantastic movement and has developed his overal awareness of positioning on the pitch. Would prefer to see him developed at the club and not sent out on loan.

toheeb27   

To be honest with u guys, I dont see anything special about Borini. And I dont see him having a future here.

Boris999   

To be honest with u guys, I dont see anything special about Borini. And I dont see him having a future here.

Borini = Our very own Inzaghi? :P Could explain why Carlo likes him. :)

Anyone think that Borini could be a future Chelsea captain?
If Bruma makes it, I'd suggest he'll be the future Captain. I've even had a chunky wager on it...

Juni   

Being brutally honest the only one I could really see wearing the armband is Conor Clifford, but bear in mind JT is 29 and won't retire until he literally can't walk, the chances of any of them doing it are slim.

Being brutally honest the only one I could really see wearing the armband is Conor Clifford, but bear in mind JT is 29 and won't retire until he literally can't walk, the chances of any of them doing it are slim.

I reckon JT's got about 5 years left in him and Frank maybe 6 or 7. It'd be nice to see Lamps be the captain for a few seasons after JT has hung up his boots.

In 6 or 7 years our youth team players now will be at a pretty good age to take on the armband, so if they make it they have every chance imo.

If Bruma makes it, I'd suggest he'll be the future Captain. I've even had a chunky wager on it...

Are these predictions based soley on playing ability or also on leadership qualities? How many of the current crop can you see getting anywhere near the first XI in the future?

Juni   

Leadership qualities mainly, but it'd be foolish to suggest someone with those but lack the talent to progress. Ben Sampayo is an example of that - great lad, enthusiastic leader, decent little player but never going to play for Chelsea in a million years.