• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I don't think that game against Zilina and OM were dead matches for Josh.

Why are some so obsessed with him being tested or not?

This is his first season, he improved a lot since summer.

DeMarcus   

Are we really going to let Borini leave the team on a free? Would be a shame

Yep seem the kind of player we'd bid 20m+ for

Sir   

Has anybody seen Aké, Chalobah or Masek in the u-17 Euros?

Yeah. Oddly Ake seemed to be roughly in the left wing area today. Chalobah was getting rather destroyed by the commentator for his mistakes, though. I only watched a bit of the game, by the way. And, who is Masek?

So Devyne, Rogers and Sampayo are being released - should we presume then that Magnay and Sebek have been offered new deals?

And, who is Masek?

Dominek Masek is a Czech u17. Apparently it was reported that his club FK Pribrom accepted our bid. Not sure about the transfer, whether it has gone through or not, as the scout(for that region) who was responsible for signing him is leaving along with Arnesen and joining HSV.

Juni   

So Devyne, Rogers and Sampayo are being released - should we presume then that Magnay and Sebek have been offered new deals?

Mags I would presume so, Sebek not sure but like to think so.

paulw66   

****m me.

Some people will never change.

Dont get me wrong, McEachren looks like a good prospect (so did Jody Morris) but what annoys me is people on the forum saying things like, "josh should be in the team ahead of Mikel and or Lampard - they're not on form, blah, blah". It's pure nonsense.

Until he gets game time against decent opponents, nobody will be any the wiser as to whether or not he will cut it. I'm sorry if this offends / annoys people but playing well against Zilina IMO counts for next to nothing in terms of whether or not he is good enough. I am not saying he is not good enough - I am as keen as the next Chelsea fan in hoping he turns out to be a Chelsea regular but the games he has played in so far have generally been against a) poor opposition or b) in games that were dead rubber. This is not me knocking Josh but these are facts.

Something that has come to memory typing this was the Villa away game (serious game time) when in the last minute he got caught on the ball trying to get back on his left foot and Reo-Coker messed up the one on one. That is a perfect example of where he needs to improve and is pertinant to my original post about him being a bit one footed.

paulw66   

It's perfectly fine to be excited about a young prospect whilst noting truths others may choose to ignore.

Juni, question for you as someone who watches a lot of reserve football....one thing that struck me watching the Wolves game is how our wingers, Tore in particular, really hug the touchline. To me, that is one major flaw of our first team when we play 4-3-3 is that Malouda, Kalou, Anelka etc all come inside and makes us very narrow. Is it youth / reserve policy to get these guys out wide as much as possible or is this a trait of those particular players or was it perhaps just something that happened in the one reserve game I have watched but is not common place?