Lucas

John Terry

12,127 posts in this topic

Great news and the only man for the job in my opinion to captain the future champions, Frank I think will be his number 2. Can't wait to see JT lifting up trophies

Yes indeed everyones top choice (and the vice captain too of course!) Interesting to see that for the back-up players/ones on a commitee Babayaro and Makelele were included (and Eidur and Carlo obviously)

I guess Baba has a right to be there being the longest serving Chelsea player at the club, and Maka has perhaps the most experience in European football.

Whens john gonna knock the muppet Beckham from the England captaincy then?! Surely he will have to captain his country soon as well as Chelsea. he is a true leader

With Eriksson at the helm I don't see the captaincy changing from Beckham for a long time to come. If not Beckham then it will be Owen or Campbell.

I think the inclusion of Babayaro and Makelele, two players not guaranteed a starting place in the team, on the player's commitee signifies Mourinho's intent that there is no 'unhealthy' rivalry or jealousy within the squad, Mourinho talked of group success being more important than individual success and his choices show that, Baba and Maka are experienced players who are good for team morale, as a team masseur talked of Baba being a popular figure two years ago and Maka seems to be making jokes quite often when he is talking to the other players.

With reference to Campbell captaining England, Tord Grip has made the comment in the past that he's not a natural leader, even in defence. You don't see him gee-ing the line along in the way JT does. As for Owen, I personally have always had a problem with the idea of a striker being captain. Strikers are the area of the team where you need true flexibility in order to unlock tricky defences. I don't like the idea of having to substitute a captain... it looks bad.

I agree wholeheartedly, Rob. Maybe you would like to tell Eriksson that!

Brilliant choice

Mourinho revealed Terry was the unanimous decision of the whole squad to be made new skipper.

Raymond, I think Makelele will be a regular in our midfield with Lampard, and playing 90 minutes in most of the games.

At the end of the season he will have played more minutes than Eidur.

Now with game just over 24hours away, a decision JM must make is who should partner JT in our back line against UTD? Should he stick with the proven Terry - Gallas duo who perform so well together, or should he go for the more expensive Terry - Carvalho partnership. I have little doubt that by the end of the season Terry - Carvahlo will be the preffered partnership, but as this is our first game of the season and such a big game is not worth playing Gallas and easing Carvalho in through the season so that by the end of the year he is fully comfortable with Terry?

I have also thought perhaps mabye Gallas could play right-back like he did for France in Euro 2004, but then what a waste of £13million that would have been! SO what is the solution, who should be our center back for tomorrow?

I would say:

Ferreira Terry Gallas Bridge