Cech's - Bank

Bentley's - Garage

Wise's - Bookshop

Houseman - Builder

Locke's - Locksmiths

Cole's - Coal Merchants

I'll get my coat! lol

wacko   

Clever defending. If you've got your arms stuck out before the guy kicks the ball, it's not your fault if he boots it into your hand. Sometimes it goes wrong, like when (I think it was) Baggio got a cynical penalty by kicking the ball into a defenders hand just inside the box in the World Cup, but usually the ref will view it as ball to hand as long as your hands are lower than chest height and you don't move them. The same applies if you collide with another player: did he run into your arm or did you grab him?

Makes sense if you think about your game as much as I imagine Terry does.

Khobar   
quote:Originally posted by wacko

Clever defending. If you've got your arms stuck out before the guy kicks the ball, it's not your fault if he boots it into your hand. Sometimes it goes wrong, like when (I think it was) Baggio got a cynical penalty by kicking the ball into a defenders hand just inside the box in the World Cup, but usually the ref will view it as ball to hand as long as your hands are lower than chest height and you don't move them. The same applies if you collide with another player: did he run into your arm or did you grab him?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Leaves you relying on clever referees though.

quote:Originally posted by wacko

id="quote">

id="quote">

All true of course but the key decision here would be 'if his arms are out like that, what are they for if not to block the ball?' I think it's a risky route to take to rely on a 'ball to hand' argument.

I'm as guilty as the next fan of wearing blue tinted glasses when the ref blows his whistle, but it's a bit of a liberty I reckon.

> I don't know if it's a concious thing or not, but frankly its tempting fate!

Clearly.

> It's just been highlighted more recently.

By all the irate penalty appeals, yes.

Kasienka   
quote:Originally posted by aniaw

Damn I thought that was going to be about how fit JT is :-(

id="quote">

id="quote">

I thought the same <lol2>

KB49   

I think it was MOTD2 or another BBC show that he said John Terry would be the next great captain of England or something. JT FOR CAPTAIN!!!

We've all been saying for years that the mighty JT should captain England, but even major support from experienced pro's won't get Sven to denounce David Beckham. Sven just hasn't got a clue. Managers, journalists, fans...everyone wants JT.