Lucas

John Terry

12,082 posts in this topic

It might have been coming but this is hard to take and did it have to be announced now?

If you don't want to do it for yourselves then win the title for JT boys, the only player we have left who actually cares about Chelsea and is proud to play for us.  

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39623727

Looks like he may actually end up leaving this time. This is going to hurt for a while, lets hope its not ManU (not likely to happen but stranger things have happened)

Good statement by JT assuming that is his words.

Saw his first game at the Bridge, and won a bet that he'd captain England on the strength of his performance that day. Truly sad to see him go, and wish him all the very best. The truest of Blues. Hope he can lead out a winning team against Sunderland to take the double again, but perhaps that is asking too much? Let's hope not.

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It might have been coming but this is hard to take and did it have to be announced now?

If you don't want to do it for yourselves then win the title for JT boys, the only player we have left who actually cares about Chelsea and is proud to play for us.  

Not sure abut that Jane.

The only one who cares and possibly the only one club player (save for the very end of his career) I'll know at Chelsea in my lifetime. 

Cannot find the words to describe our captain. 

Whatever one's views of him off the pitch, he has been simply colossal. Incredible. 

Thank you JT. Let's hope the rest of the shower of mercenaries will actually show some character and win the title for him. I'm probably asking too much as all they care about is themselves and their wages but I live in hope. If they show 10% of his leadership and courage we will win it, but I'm asking too much of them, bunch of bottlers. 

Think this is excellent timing after yesterday - should give the entire squad a kick up the backside to end this season gloriously. Terry deserves nothing less.

No words can ever express enough our gratitude to him and how much of legend he is.

End his time with 2 more pieces of silverware.

It always had to happen eventually but this is literally the end of an era. The club will continue as the players come and go but I doubt any will ever come even close to the reputation players such as John and Frank have left the club with. Yes there have been a couple of players with longer tenure at the club but in this modern era it is almost unheard of to hang around this long and as captain too. He has overseen the most successful era we've ever experienced and I for one would like to personally thank John for everything he has done for the club I have supported for 50 years.

Go to China, earn a bucket of cash and come back and buy out Roman.

Captain .Leader . Legend.

I'd like to see him play against Spurs in place of Cahill and get a proper Captains performance out of someone.

You have to question the timing of the announcement though at such a precarious moment of the season , whether that was by design or one of the reasons why we look so flat at the moment ?

Thanks John , you leave the club as the best Centre half we have in the squad even now.

Get him in the side and get us over the line.