Lucas

John Terry

12,127 posts in this topic

Can you imagine how much he is going to be on the whole squad's case over the next few weeks to get the title sewn up before the Sunderland game. Good timing.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted.

Of course it's been coming for a while but it's still gutting to hear. He's been an absolute giant for our club. The captain every fan wants - a loyal, committed serial winner who played with the passion we each would if we had the chance to captain Chelsea for just one game. 

On top of that he was technically just an outstanding player. Spraying those long balls with both feet, virtually unbeatable in the air, and scored 40 goals! Captain. Leader. Legend. I hope him and Frank return to the club as quickly as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blue moon said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0519xfy .... I most sincerely hope not. Having SFL finish with City, and Cech finish at the Arse, to see JT finish at Moan U would be horrid.

The most amazing thing for me is they managed to catch Charlie Adam sober.

As with Cech and Lamps , should it happen it will be our own fault entirely , he's got plenty left in the tank and imho remains head and shoulders above Cahill , Azpi and Zouma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The most amazing thing for me is they managed to catch Charlie Adam sober.

As with Cech and Lamps , should it happen it will be our own fault entirely , he's got plenty left in the tank and imho remains head and shoulders above Cahill , Azpi and Zouma.

As a pure defender, no arguments there. However, he lacks the wheels for a back three and thus is his problem. Although he could still do a commendable job against certain teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

[Snip]...................... he's got plenty left in the tank and imho remains head and shoulders above Cahill , Azpi and Zouma.

There's a moment in the game on Tuesday night where JT is at the right place at exactly the right moment to intercept a cross and I thought to myself, this is the type of instinctive defending we miss and one of the reasons why we've been conceding a few recently (the other reason being opposition coach's devising methods to exploit our system), namely that there's no one with his defensive brain.

JT has been doing this sort of thing for so many years now, that people watching just accept it. The old adage of "you never truly miss what you've got, till its gone" must surely apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, East Lower said:

There's a moment in the game on Tuesday night where JT is at the right place at exactly the right moment to intercept a cross and I thought to myself, this is the type of instinctive defending we miss and one of the reasons why we've been conceding a few recently (the other reason being opposition coach's devising methods to exploit our system), namely that there's no one with his defensive brain.

JT has been doing this sort of thing for so many years now, that people watching just accept it. The old adage of "you never truly miss what you've got, till its gone" must surely apply?

Fully agree: there was another moment where he stood there looking at the defence as if he was thinking 'what a shambles'. Only an impression, mind. But in any case, I quite agree that you don't always need speed to get to the right place on the pitch, when you're there already.I'd far prefer to retain him in some capacity, to try to pass his skills at anticipation on to the next generation - while Cahill has its skills, he simply doesn't seem to have this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose he won't get a prem medal either. How many games does it take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2017 at 9:23 AM, East Lower said:

There's a moment in the game on Tuesday night where JT is at the right place at exactly the right moment to intercept a cross and I thought to myself, this is the type of instinctive defending we miss and one of the reasons why we've been conceding a few recently (the other reason being opposition coach's devising methods to exploit our system), namely that there's no one with his defensive brain.

JT has been doing this sort of thing for so many years now, that people watching just accept it. The old adage of "you never truly miss what you've got, till its gone" must surely apply?

Very well put.I will admit I will shed a tear when Jt leaves,he is everything I like in a professional footballer and more.We will never see the same again with money being the driving force.I am so proud he played for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I suppose he won't get a prem medal either. How many games does it take?

5. He'll be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now