• Current Donation Goals

Lucas

John Terry

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

JUDAS

Only Joking  John ! Hope he's brilliant there and shuts up all the naysayers.

I think he'll be a brilliant signing. Brings leadership and organisation. Plus he sets high standards that he will demand from others. 

He'll also score close to 10 goals for them this season I reckon. 

Edit - looks weird seeing him in another shirt

Edited by paulw66

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think he'll be a brilliant signing. Brings leadership and organisation. Plus he sets high standards that he will demand from others. 

He will , he's magnificent.

Incidentally if anyone more tech savvy than I can do it , the announcement by Villa on twitter is very funny.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He will , he's magnificent.

Incidentally if anyone more tech savvy than I can do it , the announcement by Villa on twitter is very funny.

I expect they'll be an instagram version any moment  :)

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

... and all with his head

Good luck to him, I hope he has a fantastic last few years to his career, he can still do a job at a very high level so I'm sure he will be a great success at Villa.

Whats the betting we will get Villa in one of the cups.

xCELERYx   

Odd to see him in something other than blue. Good pick up for Villa, I just hope going on another year elsewhere doesn't lead to a sour finish to his career. Wish him all the best.

Brin   

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10989780/arjen-Robben-reflects-on-time-at-chelsea-in-letter-to-his-16-year-old-self       This surprised me a bit, I always thought Robben left after a bit of animosity, obviously wrong. Thought he was a great player for us, shame about the injuries and what he says about John Terry can bring a tear to your eye.

Edited by Brin

On 16/08/2017 at 7:09 PM, Brin said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10989780/arjen-Robben-reflects-on-time-at-chelsea-in-letter-to-his-16-year-old-self       This surprised me a bit, I always thought Robben left after a bit of animosity, obviously wrong. Thought he was a great player for us, shame about the injuries and what he says about John Terry can bring a tear to your eye.

Good read that, really nice to read Robben looks back on his time with Chelsea with such fond memories, and that he thinks so highly of that team.

I see Greg Clark from the FA has come out today and expressed concern that the general public has lost trust in the organisation!

Well I can only speak for myself but I have always had about as much trust in the FA as I have for the bloke who keeps phoning me up asking about the accident I never had. But just to recap. The FA dragged John Terry over the coals, ruined his England career, humiliated him as much as they possible could over the claims that he muttered a racist slur on a football pitch after being elbowed in the head. No one heard this slur and no one saw it but a QPR fan said it looked a bit like it on telly. Terry was cleared in a court of law but the FA wanted their pound of flesh and they got....Terry's head on a plate. 

Now it appears that one of the FA's employees made unacceptable racist comments to England female footballer Aluko. The FA then quietly paid off Aluko on the condition that she kept her mouth shut. The only time she was to open it was to confirm that the FA was not a racist organisation . She said it felt like blackmail. 

JT is probably having a rye smile over this. He was one of the best English skippers in modern history and they hung him out to dry. Now this bunch of lying, self serving, hypocritical weasels know exactly how it feels to be tarred with a racist brush. And no we don't trust you. Never have never will. FIFA light is what you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

paulw66   
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I see Greg Clark from the FA has come out today and expressed concern that the general public has lost trust in the organisation!

Well I can only speak for myself but I have always had about as much trust in the FA as I have for the bloke who keeps phoning me up asking about the accident I never had. But just to recap. The FA dragged John Terry over the coals, ruined his England career, humiliated him as much as they possible could over the claims that he muttered a racist slur on a football pitch after being elbowed in the head. No one heard this slur and no one saw it but a QPR fan said it looked a bit like it on telly. Terry was cleared in a court of law but the FA wanted their pound of flesh and they got....Terry's head on a plate. 

Now it appears that one of the FA's employees made unacceptable racist comments to England female footballer Aluko. The FA then quietly paid off Aluko on the condition that she kept her mouth shut. The only time she was to open it was to confirm that the FA was not a racist organisation . She said it felt like blackmail. 

JT is probably having a rye smile over this. He was one of the best English skippers in modern history and they hung him out to dry. Now this bunch of lying, self serving, hypocritical weasels know exactly how it feels to be tarred with a racist brush. And no we don't trust you. Never have never will. FIFA light is what you are.

The irony of the situation isn't lost on me.

Meanwhile, the League cup QF draw, in which the 4 biggest teams managed to avoid each other (I'm sure a maths nerd can tell me the probability) leading to potentially 2 massive semi finals, was delayed an hour and a half due to "technical difficulties".... since when did you drawing a team out of a hat or bowl require anything technical? Unless of course, you want to make sure certain teams avoid each other. Corrupt from top to bottom.