• Current Donation Goals

Lucas

John Terry

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I see Greg Clark from the FA has come out today and expressed concern that the general public has lost trust in the organisation!

I think this is going to be post of the day.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Meanwhile, the League cup QF draw, in which the 4 biggest teams managed to avoid each other (I'm sure a maths nerd can tell me the probability) leading to potentially 2 massive semi finals, was delayed an hour and a half due to "technical difficulties".... since when did you drawing a team out of a hat or bowl require anything technical? Unless of course, you want to make sure certain teams avoid each other. Corrupt from top to bottom. 

Quick calc - 8/35 or 23%
A little odd, but hardly proof of anything.
I suspect it was more to do with  Haribo being incompetent.

Certainly nothing like the 5,000 to 1 odds of the Europa league draw being identical to the draw they pulled out in the dress rehearsal a few years ago.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The irony of the situation isn't lost on me.

Meanwhile, the League cup QF draw, in which the 4 biggest teams managed to avoid each other (I'm sure a maths nerd can tell me the probability) leading to potentially 2 massive semi finals, was delayed an hour and a half due to "technical difficulties".... since when did you drawing a team out of a hat or bowl require anything technical? Unless of course, you want to make sure certain teams avoid each other. Corrupt from top to bottom. 

And how strange the club sponsored by the company sponsoring the cup got a nominally "easy" tie.

Couple of seasons ago when Chelsea couldnt buy a penalty under Mourinho...he goes and in the first game afterwards we get the softest penalty ever....I dont think the English game is whiter than white..

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Terry has broken his 5th metatarsal. At 36 and depending how quickly it takes to heal, it could well be the end.

I expect he'll be playing next season if Villa don't get promotion. 

Funny how our CBs aren't half as good now that JT no longer trains with them.  Maybe a coincidence, but certainly it is the one area we can't put down to overplaying or too small a squad.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, NoblyBobly said:

He'll be back. JT alias The Black Knight!

Too right Nobly, he is back, for the FA cup natch.
Captain indestructible is back after just 2 months for the Villa.

And the best of luck to him too.