• Current Donation Goals

Lucas

John Terry

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I gather he is just a few weeks work short of getting his coaching licence, so I guess that is why he is at Cobham right now.  

A manager or Assistant manager's job I should think next. (There will be a lot of unpleasant comments about Henry if he employs JT as his assistant though).

The timing of the announcement considering the Villa vacancy suggests he could be going there in some capacity. Martinez said a couple of days ago there had been no approach for Henry yet so who knows.

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well done JT. I think he will make a great number 2. Really happy he has stayed in the game.

There are 2 No 2s I gather, including Smith current No 2.    2= or 3rd I wonder.

JT - just put 26 on your shirt (1 more than our No 2) and give your best.

Seems weird for him to sit on the bench when he is still their best defender (or even player) by a mile. They were a very solid team at the end of last season and with only him leaving they have been a total shambles this year. Not sure the new board wanted to give him a playing contract. Very odd, I assume it must be related to his wages. 

32 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

Seems weird for him to sit on the bench when he is still their best defender (or even player) by a mile. They were a very solid team at the end of last season and with only him leaving they have been a total shambles this year. Not sure the new board wanted to give him a playing contract. Very odd, I assume it must be related to his wages. 

It's the Gullitt thing.  He was making far more as a player than he would ever have got as a manager, but wasn't playing enough to justify getting what he wanted.

If JT plays, I'm not sure Villa can afford him.