• Current Donation Goals

Lucas

John Terry

Kal   

Gallas needs to prove himself - he was pretty poor from what I've seen recently. So let Carvalho and Ferreira play - after all they do have a link-up from Porto together.

I would go for Gallas at present, as his fitness levels are higher, and he has that good partnership with Terry which would be required in such a key game so soon.

I would let Carvalho and Terry develop their partnership against lesser oppositions.

I thought Gallas was exceptional against Zaragoza, Kal.

Gallas and Terry to partner each other without question. No need to give Carvalho a baptism of fire when it isn't needed. Playing the experianced Premiership partnership of Gallas and Terry will stand us in good stead.

Besides which, Carvalho hasn't had much of a pre-season, so probably won't be sharp enough yet for a fixture this big.

TeRiYaKi   

Gallas is one of the best defenders in the premiership, and we always seem to lose less when he's playing

I think its anybody's guess who Jose will play.

He obviously thinks highly of Carvalho because of their Porto connection. On the other hand, the Gallas - Terry partnership is a tried and tested formula. What is almost certain is that JT will start. Ferreira should start at right back and Bridge at left back.

What will be very interesting if Cech starts, is how he communicates with the back four, whoever they are.

Final line-up:

Ferreira - Carvalho (He cost a bundle didn't he) - Terry - Bridge

Sean, Petr Cech didn't have much problem communicating with the back four in the Zola tribute game. I think he'll do well if he plays tomorrow. I believe he'll start ahead of Cudicini with Ferreira, Terry, Gallas and Bridge in front of him.

I'd play Terry and Gallas tomorrow too, if only to let Carvalho get a sighter on what playing in the PL is like.

That said, Carvalho has impressed me enormously and I'm always impressed by Gallas.

Yes, Pete, a mate of mine told me Cech was extremely vocal and demonstrative in that Zola game as well.

Kal   

Granted Gallas is tried and tested - but I can't help but remember the Arsenal games last year where he played mediocrely. But on the Cech subject I would give him a go - he's a world class goalkeeper who plays for his country and has a terrific Euro 2004 behind his back. Let's hope he's still as sharp as he was then.

Kozak   

I would go with :

Ferreira , Gallas, Carvalho , Bridge

Why !? I saw so many mistakes from JT last season , mostly in the air . OK , I know that he is captain , but I want to be honest . No hard feelings JT fans .:)

C`mon Blues!