• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucas

John Terry

linton   

I like the Tiago one:

Tiago, oh oh oh, Tiago oh oh oh,

He comes from Portugal,

he hates the Arsenal,

Tiago oh oh oh.....

Genius!!!

jaymjaym   

the tiago chant is amazing and he does look like he is a fantastic player but at the end of the day he has only played 2 matches for us. John Terry has been a servant and a terrific player for Chelsea for many years and deserves a better chant than just john Terry, john Terry etc. I think this is the chant for Terry and hopefully we can get it started at the Bridge against the Saints on saturday.

ps. thanks goes out to everyone who contributed to perfecting the chant

Hey, we all make mistakes! Scrolling around on the latest additions section of the homepage to this site, I realised that one column was entitled 'Match of the Match'! I'm sure it was a deliberate error Peter, and that you were simply testing us...

Speaking of mistakes, before we signed Drogba I was amazed at his ability to reverse the ageing process. In the morning I read that he was 28, then at lunchtime he was 26, then late in the day he was 25. Some fountain of youth he has there. Maybe in a few weeks he will be young enough for Ken Bates to understand.

Am I the only one who thinks that John Terry's ideal position would be playing sweeper (libero in Italian) behind two centre backs (as Dellas did in the Greek National side during Euro 2004)?

The reason behind this is that, like other famous sweepers (I.e Beckenbauer), he reads the game extremely well and has good vision, but at the same time has very little pace (cfr. the Portugal v. England where, rather than pushing the whole team upfield, our defence (I.e. Campbell and Terry) sat back deep in the fear that our defence would be exposed because of its lack of pace.

alan   

Dont think it will ever happen mate, and I doubt John Terry would be happy about it also. I think he enjoys and thrives on being the commander of the defensive four, putting him in a sweeperts role would take alot of this away

Also, I thought sweepers in general had to have some pace ?? (ie Gallas, Carvalho) , since they are the last line of defense (except goalkeeper)

Plus, using a sweeper in a chelsea or English side means your going for an ultra defensive unit, which won't go down well with the fans

Talking of Bobby Moore, did you know one of his middle names was Chelsea. Nice bit of trivia for everyone, just for that pub quiz that you may be going to at the weekend!