• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjyes

Stamford Bridge

tjyes   

Peter Kenyon has said recently that he wants us to dominate world football on the pitch and off the pitch. We have bought some of the best players and we are improving our training facilities and youth set-up. So what's next for world domination. For some reason I can see us either drastically expanding the stadium or building a new one that would be the best in britain. I am not saying that this is going to happen now but I can see the issue being raised in the future.

How would you guys feel about any possible expansion or move, baring in mind it will all be for the good of the club?

Expansion of Stamford Bridge would be the way forward, if it can be done. Bruce Buck said last week that the only way to expand the capacity would be by building onto the Matthew Harding stand to make another 'deck'. This would bring the capacity up to about 50,000. This is still pretty low compared to the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd. I'm sure that in time something will happen to make Stamford Bridge bigger, but for now we have to make do with what we've got.

I wouldn't be in favour of moving to a different site. I don't think this could happen anyway because the club have a loan that we've taken out and as fans through CPO (Chelsea Pitch Owners) we're paying back over a very long term. I do understand that things can change, but as a lover of Stamford Bridge I wouldn't want us to move to a different site.

Harvz   

I've never been to Stamford Bridge, so in that sense I don't think I'd mind as much as most if we left it... but only for something absolutely amazing!

The training facilities are on the way now, so its only a matter of time before they get something sorted. I'd say its likely that they'll just knock the hotel and expand it that way. Bates will like that!

No way, we can't move away from where we are now. I don't mind if our ground isn't huge, I want us to stay put. Stamford Bridge is Chelsea, I don't want to see that change.

We need to be successful on the pitch first to start gaining fans, before we think about expanding. Our current fan base isn't that large compared to clubs such as Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool.

If you look at the attendances for Man United in their mid week league cup games compared to ours then it just shows the demand for Man U and the relative small support of Chelsea. All that is changing slowly as we become more fashionable, but until we win things then we won't be gaining a drastic amount of fans to warrant expansion.

caldwewi   

Chaps as Harvz will vouch... the serious debate on this one is occuring on the write to Rob section of the web site.

BlueClue   

I've never been to the "new" Bridge, I moved over here before the rebuilding began. But I spent many saturdays in "The Middle" of the old shed! Many times not knowing 100% if it would be there next week, with all our creditors breathing down our necks!

But I'm with Olly on this one, I don't care if Chelsea become the Biggest sports team the world has ever seen. Stamford Bridge is Chelsea, Chelsea is Stamford Bridge.

On the CFC Ticket page it says: "For all away games no tickets will ever go on general sale. They will be sold to Season Ticket holders initially and then, subject to availability, to Club Members."

Ever? That's a long time! Away tickets for all London matches have sold out already and 7 out of 19 away games are sold out, and that's just by ST holders! It's not even August yet!

I agree with you completely, Gary, but events seem to be overtaking us.

gralout   

Stamford Bridge without the hotels if necessary is the only way forward. Chelsea would never be the same without the Bridge and the atmosphere it provides. Bring back the old SHED that my request!

corkey   

Does anyone know whether Stamford Bridge will be used for an England home game this season?