• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liverbird

Frank Arnesen

roman wants guus hiddink to replace Frank Arnesen it came in one of the papers.

Seen it somewhere sometime ago. Doubt he will leave Turkey unless if they did not qualify for EURO 2012.

From today's Guardian

"While the manager's long-term future at Stamford Bridge remains the focus, Hamburg have confirmed Frank Arnesen will become their director of football in the summer when, as planned, he leaves Chelsea at the end of his contract. The Premier League club's chief scout Lee Congerton is to accompany the Dane to the Bundesliga club as technical director. Hans Gillhaus is leaving to join the Dutch team Feyenoord as its technical director and the French scout Guy Hillion is to become the sporting director at Nantes. Chelsea is to implement a radical overhaul of its scouting department."

Bison   

From today's Guardian

"While the manager's long-term future at Stamford Bridge remains the focus, Hamburg have confirmed Frank Arnesen will become their director of football in the summer when, as planned, he leaves Chelsea at the end of his contract. The Premier League club's chief scout Lee Congerton is to accompany the Dane to the Bundesliga club as technical director. Hans Gillhaus is leaving to join the Dutch team Feyenoord as its technical director and the French scout Guy Hillion is to become the sporting director at Nantes. Chelsea is to implement a radical overhaul of its scouting department."

Music to my ears.

Sacked by Hamburg.

Only took Hamburg 2 years to work out that he is a fraud. Unfortunately it took Roman and our board, 6 years to arrive at the same conclusion.

Only took Hamburg 2 years to work out that he is a fraud. Unfortunately it took Roman and our board, 6 years to arrive at the same conclusion.

A third of the time and about a hundreth of the cost.

Flinkers   

Regardless of what the statements says, it's very much a case of being pushed rather him jumping.

A lot of people are unhappy with what he's done to the club and a 7th place finish with a negative goal difference can't really mask how poorly he's run things.

Good riddance.

A third of the time and about a hundreth of the cost.

And I still can't believe we paid somewhere in the region of 5-10million to spuds to get him out of his contract. For this facker seriously. Still nothing out of the academy. Piet De Visser really got us good on this one. And he is still there it seems, although and somebody please tell me this, we have no real scouting network in place anymore? except Piet on his lonesome with his phonebook and his iPhone sitting on Roman's Yacht in Monaco , getting a tan or a red on the deck. Pretending to work.

Nick89   

Arnesen hasn't done anything excellent in probably over ten years. He still lives on his scouting of Ronaldo and Romario.

Arnesen hasn't done anything excellent in probably over ten years. He still lives on his scouting of Ronaldo and Romario.

If you can repeat it it isn't luck, if you can't however...

Every time I read the Name Arnesen it reminds me of what David Pleat said about him, "Tottenham signed a lot of bad players while Arnesen was in charge of recruitment. Very bad."