• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liverbird

Frank Arnesen

To all those slating Chelsea's behaviour and Kenyons part in it (of which no information has been released yet)

Voodoo makes a good point, what if we've been in contact for the past two weeks and attempted to negotiate a move, Spurs reject it no matter what and Arnesen goes to the Spurs board and says he wants to go to Chelsea. They suspend him immediately, release a statement that doesn't include all the facts and the media hoo-ha goes into overdrive because 'evil' Chelsea are trampling over the rules again.

Let's just wait and see how this one develops, once the smoke clears we should be in a lot better position than it appears we are in now.

lifeof   

What the spurs offical website says

Chelsea Football Club has made an approach to Sporting Director, Frank Arnesen, in direct breach of FAPL rules. This approach was made both prior to requesting permission and without permission from the Club. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club refused permission for any discussions to take place.

Notwithstanding that he is subject to contract and holds wide-ranging responsibilities and commitments to all parties at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Frank has indicated that he wishes to move to Chelsea Football Club. Accordingly, the Board of Tottenham Hotspur plc has suspended Frank Arnesen with immediate effect.

The Club is currently in discussions with its legal advisors and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Of course we do need to hear Chelsea offical response...but it looks pretty clear. Agian in direct breach of FA rule..I think the **** is really going to hit the fan..And if spurs have any sense they will drag it out in court for as long as poss. The FA could ban chelsea from the FA cup, place in CL. And the prem..Teams, in the past teams have been kicked out of the league. This really has to stop Chelsea are hitting the self destruct button.

No one but No one will want to have any dealings with chelsea (club wise) This will put CFC as the undisputed most hated team!

I am very disappointed in all these problems that we are creating

I hope the latest controversy proves us to be innocent.

A Cole

R Ferdinand

Obi

now Arnesen?

May be the club thought that Arnesen, who has a lot of connections, should focus on the transfer market whilst Mourinho concentrates on Managing.

Still I am very disappointed that we seem to be blatantly ignoring the rules. The Ashley Cole affaire just stunk of arrogance. If we keep doing this we will be the most hated club in the Premiership.

I love my team but I cannot condone some of our behaviour

ChAoS   

I hope we learn from our mistake and make a LEGAL approach. A LEGAL approach is as simple - contact the particular club, ask them whether we can speak to their staff, then pay the club some compensation, that's all! I am sure it ain't that difficult. The Press is only focussing on the one-side of the picture, they never mention us making a LEGAL approach. IMO, I am afraid in the future, clubs that feel threaten to sell their players, will just announce to the media that we illegally approach their players/staff. Therefore, we will end up in deep **** and not sign their players/staff.

Good points.

There is a very good chance this is Tottenham throwing a strop because they were about to lose Arnesen, and it would be oh-so believeable wouldn't it?

quote:Originally posted by mo_k

I can't beleive it, Chelsea cannot be that stupid. I'm really Tired now of this, and I'm starting to beleive everyone when they say that Chelsea have no regard for the rules.

id="quote">

id="quote">

You cannot believe we are that stupid?

mmm what like approaching a well know, high profile player in the middle of London in a hotel?